🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ledliker

Death Race 2 (2010)

I'm 15 minutes into watching Death Race 2 on (inter)netfli(ck)x on demand. This would be perfect for you guys. I can't stop asking what the hell is going on.

Just finished watching Death Race 2. Holy shit this fucking movie. It is one long string of tits, fake blood, rape, unbelievably dumb dialogue, massive plot holes, confusing character motivations, horribly filmed action sequences, awful FX.. the works. This movie is fucking incredible! I can't wait to watch the sequel!

What's great is how much they mess with the timeline of Death Race and its sequels. In the Statham one, Frankenstein was ONE win away from freedom. Yet it seems that series take place every week. And add to the fact that they go on an international circuit for Death Race in this new sequel. And where is Ian McShane? He was staying in the prison in the first movie because he liked prison and couldn't handle the outside world, but in the prequels he is no where to be seen.

I didn't really mind this movie until the end when it got a case of prequelitis. Don't get me wrong: It's not a good movie by any stretch, but at least while it was telling its own story, it was your basic paint by numbers action shlock. Suddenly at the end the story takes a left turn, screeches to a halt and it's all about transparently setting the pieces into place for the original (which I slept through most of, as an aside).

Prequels are ass.

Let's not forget that this movie featured a full on flamethrower fight, something I haven't seen in any other movie.

Sign in to follow this