🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 148 — Wipeout!

This was a bad one to listen to at work since I could not contain my laughter at the end. (Andy Daly's kind of a dick though for breaking so many windows instead of just one.) I also loved all of the effort to set him up to come back for plugs when he didn't have anything, great way to end the episode.

Definitely the best episode of the year, but I've thought that the last 3 weeks...

• Like 1

Counting down from 1...

1. Don't listen to this in public, people will think you're insane

0. Andy Daly is bananas (in the parlance of Jason Mantzoukas)

-1. I am offended on behalf of women. That is to say, women without beavers. They will feel really left out by Jason & Scott's beaver dialogue.

-2. Entertainment Weekly's issue featuring Oscar awards party dinner menus (can't believe that was left out)

• Like 1

Great episode...two great ones in a row! Keep up the wonderful work, Scott.

Well, I guess that's #1 in the Best of 2012 show already decided...

Was this the best episode of all time? Evidence:

1: "Beachfront property" punctuated by Wipeout, segueing into the Big Bopper.

0: Engineer Dustin inserting a "What's up, Hot Dog?" (I'm glad you're getting mic time here and on Two Charted).

-1: "Can't do it on land." "You could, but it would be illegal." "Huh?"

-2: The ending, my personal favorite being Hot Dog jumping with a doo-wop sting. Not to mention the window being replaced between each character.

-3: New countdown system.

I just realized it, shouldn't it be 1, 0, -1, -Nose, -3?

• Like 3

A while ago my beaver and I tried to talk to Jason after a UCB show in NYC. I didn't actually go through with it cuz I was an awkward moron, but I've had a crush ever since. And yes, I do live with my boyfriend now.

Anyway, it's episodes like this that make me feel proud of being the annoying person who won't ever shut the fuck up about this show.

omg. this. was. amazing.

The only thing I can say that hasn't been said already, (I also got to look like a moron at work today when I was losing my shit)

is that I loved Jason's fake cry over Andy because it reminded me of his amazing scene in Baby Mama...

"because she's so fat! and I love Christopher so much and he's fat! and I'm afraid the baby is gonna be fat! It'll just be me with two fatties!"

• Like 4

Wow. Amazing episode. I don't think I've laughed so hard and so out loud as I did with the wipeout segment. Good lord, that is why I never miss an episode of this podcast. Scottobot, you are incredible.

I was shocked the other day when I was encouraging a table full of strangers to check out CBB when one of the strangers was like "Yeah, you should listen, it's hilarious." Finally, I've met another CBB listener in real life! They do exist outside of the shadowy internet underworld.

Or maybe he was just a vampire looking to jump on the back of my horse.

Jason Mantzoukas has become one my favorite recurring straight-man guests because he has such a great dynamic with Scott Aukerman. He's kind of the opposite of Harris Wittels, where Harris kind of goes into a lower-status role, Jason gets incredulous or angry with Scott if he says something silly or just phrases something awkwardly.

• Like 4

Holy smokes! This is one of the all-time greats, and one I know I'll be listening to over and over again. (Almost one year after, by the way, another one of the all-time greats which also featured Andy Daly, Something For Daddy.) CBB is one of my favorite favorite favorite things, and it delights me to no end to hear an episode like this that far exceeds my already really high expectations. Thanks!

All kinds of amazing in this episode.

Had a healthy grin the entire time, but the primary gutbusters:

- Scott's "Wipeout" acapella

- Hot Dog's "Dup-duh dup dup wahhhh" as he leapt to his death

• Like 3

Amazing episode. One of the all-time greats! I love everything everyone here has mentioned, and would just like to add Jason M's lack of support of Scott's jokes as part of the greatness.

Also, I loved Dustn's "Don't care!" when he was being Scott.

• Like 3

JM: "He was my best friend."

SA: "He was your best friend?"

JM: "Inh-- some of his characters were."

SA: "Aww. I, I mean, he was an acquaintance... of mine."

Is it safe to assume Andy Daly's follow up to Nine Sweaters will be Eight Autodefenestrations?

• Like 1

Great episode and the sneak peek was awesome, but inquiring minds want to know...

Was Scott having his shirt tucked into his underwear in the last scene of the teaser (9:36) a bit or just a wardrobe malfunction?

Everybody, if you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and listen to the Wipeout bit while watching the gif included with the photos

This is fantastic. I have nothing to add except I also looked like a moron lsitening to this in public and laughing my lungs out.

Awesome jobs bros.

Everybody, if you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and listen to the Wipeout bit while watching the gif included with the photos

anim_c35e0be2-c70a-6174-fd5b-581c970d52f2.gif

• Like 5

And to think that they've been holding onto this episode since the oscars. Shame on hot saucerman.

I'm hoping since the drop was just a floor that everyone survived? The amount of members in the failing at suicide help group from an earlier Daly appearance just went way up.

I give this episode all the gold stars. Just when I thought I couldn't love Andy Daly more he goes and does this.

Jason Mantzoukas has become one my favorite recurring straight-man guests because he has such a great dynamic with Scott Aukerman. He's kind of the opposite of Harris Wittels, where Harris kind of goes into a lower-status role, Jason gets incredulous or angry with Scott if he says something silly or just phrases something awkwardly.

Amazing episode. One of the all-time greats! I love everything everyone here has mentioned, and would just like to add Jason M's lack of support of Scott's jokes as part of the greatness.

Also, I loved Dustn's "Don't care!" when he was being Scott.

I love Harris's mellow easy-goingness and PFT's goofy adventurousness when they're yapping "straight" with Scott but with this episode Jason and his loveable feistiness jumped them into first place in my heart.

JM: "He was my best friend."

SA: "He was your best friend?"

JM: "Inh-- some of his characters were."

SA: "Aww. I, I mean, he was an acquaintance... of mine.

Andy's suicide conveyer belt thing was a lot of fun but it was this bit which nailed me the hardest. Jason's line was great and Scott's delivery of his line sent me bonkers.

@Bucho have you listened to any of Jason's other podcast appearances? He's an all-around fantastic guest! Especially on stuff like his recent episode of Who Charted. I'm not all that interested in The Dictator but I kind of want to see it just to support him.

• Like 1

@Bucho have you listened to any of Jason's other podcast appearances? He's an all-around fantastic guest! Especially on stuff like his recent episode of Who Charted. I'm not all that interested in The Dictator but I kind of want to see it just to support him.

Oh heck yes Ben, he's been scaling the guest charts of my heart for some time, it was just this particular CBB which pushed him into my numbero uno pozish.

First podcast since Farts and Procreation I've immediately gone back to listen to. This here podcast? This is where I'm talking about!What?