🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 148 — Wipeout!

I loved everything about this episode (even the beav talk, but thanks for the disclaimer Scott, I appreciate it) but I am choosing to latch onto this one piece of minutiae.

1. Countdown to Ecstasy

0. The Royal Scam

-1. Katy Lied

-2. Aja

-3. Pretzel Logic

-4. Can't Buy A Thrill

-5. Gaucho

-6. Two Against Nature

-7. Everything Must Go

Honestly this might change from day to day but Countdown will always be #1.

• Like 1

I can't join in the unanimous praise for the entire episode, because the interminable "Beav Talk" bit just seemed to run itself into the ground – but from Wipeout! onward, this is probably my favourite episode since Dogpocalypse. I'm obviously a sucker for the world-building episodes.

If this is groggy, overworked, frazzled Scott, I'd like to keep 'im this way.

"His Cries of joy no one will hear. In case I'm not being clear.

I'm saying that cowboy is gonna fuck a hole in the ground.

We all do it. That's what i've found."

When Dalton says "We all do it!", i just about shit my pants I was laughing so hard. Great fucking episode!

"His Cries of joy no one will hear. In case I'm not being clear.

I'm saying that cowboy is gonna fuck a hole in the ground.

We all do it. That's what i've found."

When Dalton says "We all do it!", i just about shit my pants I was laughing so hard. Great fucking episode!

YES!!! The poems are so damn good.

Andy forgot Andi Callahan, RN.

I assume he's killed himself and finally became an all-seeing dragon. Now he's roaming the world and setting it ablaze, killing everyone he comes across. He's probably starting off slow so people won't get suspicious.

Such a great episode. Listen to it again today for a second time.... Jason really needs to be on the CBB television show; Scott and him play off each other very well.

• Like 1

Up there with my favourite episodes ever. Man alive. The poems. Wipeout. The Land Vaginnies. The faked, faked anger at the girlfriend's death. All too good.

Andy Daly is up there with Peter Cook for me, nowadays. Absolute genius.

• Like 1

The Poet Laureate of the West inspired me.

tumblr_m0wjfeApqU1qzz5ico1_500.png

PS: Earwolf must be a fancy place to have that many windows in one room. Especially ones so attractive to the depressed.

• Like 23

That is just fantastic andrea!

Made me laugh and made me wish I could read it.

• Like 1

Woo, thanks all!

I feel like all the blurbs would be from Andy Daly's other characters (may they rest in peace).

• Like 2

Thanks for playing my plug theme! So glad Scott liked it :D

My friend told me about this podcast last year. His exact words were, "First listen to every episode of Comedy Bang Bang with Andy Daly and then listen to Nine Sweaters." Well I've spent the last 8 months listening to every episode, not just Andy Daly's hilarious shows, and it seems like I caught up just in time because this episode was amazing. Definitely worth the 8 months of trying to catch up just for the payoff at the end of this episode. Not to say that I didn't enjoy all of the other episodes, thanks Scott!

I guess all that is left is to listen to Nine Sweaters. And Andy, don't kill yourself. That would be brutes, bro.

• Like 1

Yeah, this was definitely one of those episodes where you immediately listen a second time.

I have to say, though, I don't think Scott and Jason handled Andy's intervention that well. If I've learned anything from watching The Walking Dead, it's that you should leave suicidal people alone in a room with a knife.

my current favorite bit:

Scott: "Let's talk about which album is the best by Steely Dan ... Countdown from one."

Dalton: "I think it's 'Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti.'"

Scott: "That's a Squeeze album, c'mon!"

Dalton: "Oh, shit."

I love that Dalton would be familiar with Squeeze's catalog.

• Like 2

I just set up an Amazon alert for "You Must Buy Your Wife At Least As Much Jewelry As You Buy Your Horse: And Other Poems And Observations Humorous And Otherwise From A Life On The Range" by Dalton Wilcox.

Publishing his book is the least you could do in his memory...

Best episode of the year!

Ahh! Fantastic all the way through. I was so excited to hear Mantzoukas reference "a guy with heavy coats." That was from the first episode of CDR I listened to with Daly, Samberg and Galifianakis, almost 2 years ago. Always cool to know that these guys actually listen to the podcast as closely as us fans. Stars! They're just like us!

• Like 1

I always love when Jason (or any guest for that matter) gives Scott a hard time about his bits. He is such a good sport about it, too. And vice versa, when he gives the guests a hard time.

There needs to be more Aukerpella. Wipeout was great.

• Like 1

I signed up just to say that this is bar none the best episode on record

Andy (Mr. Daly) is my favourite "character" (sorry Paul F) but Don Dimelo is the king of this podcast!!

Love Jason M as the co-host as well. The relationship between the three can really be felt throughout

thanks Scott, been a listener since day 1 (followed you over from NNF!) and this episode reminded me why I keep tuning in... EXCELLENT episode