🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 148 — Wipeout!

Funniest.Damn.Episode.Ever. Andy Daly makes Andy Kaufman look like Andy Warhol. As in, not funny. What's the name of the cowboy's book again?

That final part with all of Andy's characters committing suicide... that, my friends, was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

I was driving while listening to that. That shit's dangerous!

• Like 1

If any of you were wondering, "Hey, if I listen to this four times will I still laugh uncontrollably?" the answer is yes. Yes it you will.

• Like 2

No one will ever read this, but I have to say that this is still the best episode ever of the best podcast ever. Wait, was that a secondary rhyme?

No?

Never mind.

• Like 7

Can't quite believe this didn't grab top spot. I kind of feel attached to it just because it brings Scott to the fore.

The real #1 imo, the only one that is arguably better imo is Time Bobby

But I now realize that you really do have to be a die hard fan to truly appreciate all the characters at the end

The real #1 imo, the only one that is arguably better imo is Time Bobby

But I now realize that you really do have to be a die hard fan to truly appreciate all the characters at the end

That's true, it is a kind of 'insider' episode. But if you 'get it' then nothing's better (which is also how I feel about Tim Heidecker's appearances).

Just chiming in nine months later that I still crack up thinking about Scott referring to the cavalcade of suicides (that's the official name now, right?) as "a treat for the fans".

A facebook page was made out of complete boredom for anyone who would like to list Dalton Wilcox's magnum opus under their favourite books, but could not before because it didn't exist accoring to THE MAN. Well now you can...

https://www.facebook.com/youmustbuyyourwife

his legacy must live on! Dalton's poems will shatter the minds of readers much like how he shattered through the first floor window of his demise!

• Like 1

And Dalton Wilcox lives on (and on)...

Through the site MetaFilter, I participate in a twice-annual international mix CD exchange, where people burn old-fashioned CDs, make album art, and actually snail-mail mix CDs around the globe to total strangers. This time out, I decided to make a mix with CBB clips interspersed with the music, telling the sad, wild tale of the Poet Laureate of the West (self-declared).

wilcoxfront.png

I can make this available to anyone who PMs me.

May your wives always have at least as much jewelry as your horses!

• Like 2

I have to say this is the greatest thing I ever listened to and I'm still listening to it in May 2013 and will continue listening to it probably forever or at least until I die.

• Like 3

I have to say this is the greatest thing I ever listened to and I'm still listening to it in May 2013 and will continue listening to it probably forever or at least until I die.

Same here. I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to this episode.

• Like 1

As I'm listening to this for the millionth time I decide to take a trip down forum lane and the overwhelming love for this episode makes me feel part of something amazing.

Dalton Wilcox, poet laureate of the West (self-declared) you live eternally in our hearts. Unless you're a vampire too now, in which case you literally live for ever, roaming the plains, making love to land-virginies.

Wipeout, everyone!

• Like 1

The Poet Laureate of the West inspired me.

tumblr_m0wjfeApqU1qzz5ico1_500.png

PS: Earwolf must be a fancy place to have that many windows in one room. Especially ones so attractive to the depressed.

Congrats to Andrea on your creation making it to the CBB tv show! I immediately recognized the book from this thread. Great job.

• Like 5

I just relistened. When Dalton Wilcox says, "Let's role play it," when talking about his college girlfriend's murder, I lost it.

• Like 2

Watching Rainn and Reggie try not to lose it during his explanation of "The Lonesome Cowboy" was priceless.

• Like 1

Wow. What an episode. Definitely a "treat for the fans". It doesn't get much better than the ending of this one.

• Like 2

One of my favorites. Even if they wouldn't appreciate the callbacks / returning characters at the end, this is a really great episode for a new listener to start on I think.

• Like 1