🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 67.5 — 3/16/12 TWO CHARTED

Whether you're on your way to Austin for SXSW or stuck at home wishing you were, we have a break from the monotony in the form of TWO CHARTED! What's been entertaining Howard this week? From a tween pop princess to the King of Rock and Roll we bring you the five earbugs that have kept him happily surfing towards summah. What does Texas have in store for a Minnesota girl like Kulap? Find out with her SXSW chart. Don't be an automaton, give in to the charts!

• Like 1

It's too bad these don't have their own episode titles, because "Harris' Wet Dick in a Vacuum" is a pretty killer title.

• Like 1

I was sort of waiting for Kulap's theme to turn into a Todd Glassian bit. So good.

If Dustin gets airtime, doesn't that make this Three Charted?

The red rant, both live and remixed, is hilarious. Doubled over in the parking lot when I got to work.

a lot of my friends had that high school/college coke phase, but i never went there.

tried it a few times and i was just a chatty asshole, so i quit.

plus i hate putting shit up my nose. cudos on the disclosure Dustin.

bring us some charts man

A sister show for Analyze Phish, Elvis Exam?

"It's okay to be an automaton in the sack

Not everybody is dynamic on their back

Bring whatever you've got and try to improve..."

Howard, you were subconsciously channeling DBS! You must turn this into something. I'm already imagining the rest of it, but I want to hear what would come out of your brain. It's always magnificent.

• Like 2

Im with howard its just like a part of life to enjoy elvis...at least it should be..great ep like always!

Next week let's just make a chart that is Kulap's theme five times in a row! Encore!

Special Monday episode: Ku Charted! Top 5 Kulap Chart themes!

I'm going to make the Reds song my new anthem

Aah... That ending was absolute genius.

Also- "wet dick in a vaccuum"- thank you for putting these words together in a phrase which I will endeavour to crowbar in over the weekend. Amazing job y'all!

I think Rick Ross makes that grunt noise before every single rap he does. It's like he's always falling asleep in the studio, and the producer has to wake him up right before the chorus ends.

I would be interested to hear guests bring in their charts on the regular episodes. It may not be fair to give your guests homework though, but certain guests might enjoy doing it. Either way it's nice to not hear about the music/movies in the regular charts for a change, like in the Two Charted episodes.

Howard jokes about meat eaters as being "critter Sanduskies" on the show frequently. I find it pretty hilarious. Until recently, I had assumed the issue with eating meat was strictly related to morality of killing another creature. A colleague turned me on to an interesting topic called Virtual Water (I'd recommend reading pages 13-22 of this linked article). By the name, it sounds like selling water on the Internet. It's actually the water needed to produce certain types of food. The studies show that it is more economical and environmentally friendly to be a vegan or vegetarian. For example, to produce 1kg of grain you need about 1000-2000kg of water, for 1 kg of cheese 5000-6000kg and for 1 kg of beef ~16,000kg of water. The numbers may seen high, but consider all the processes of preparing 1 kg of meat: growing feed, drinking water of the animal for its entire life, preparing the meat, maintaining the equipement to produce the meat, transporting it, storing it, etc. Obviously there are weaknesses in this article. Climate conditions throughout the world are quite different, so is this water use actually an impact on us or not? It's a tough call but something interesting to think about when considering the types of food we consume.

Anyway, I really enjoy the shows, so keep them coming.

Yo man what up with this Dustin shit, I signed up for Two Charted, not THREE CHARTED!!!!!

No I'm just kidding, I love me some Dustin and I love how loose Two Charted is. I have a thing for loose, messy podcasts (see: The Todd Glass Show). Keep it up Ku and Wie!

Give the Dustin his own Chart! Just get him a chart theme to match the awesomeness of Howard's.

(Yes, Kulap's theme is better - but it's also clearly the best song ever written. I'm only holding Howard and Dustin to so much here.)

3 Charted 4 eva!

~

Kulap: laughing like a crazy person

Howard: I'm being serious

Kulap: I know you are, that's why I'm laughing

In summation: That's Who/Two/Three Charted

I'm with Kulap on Elvis... I actually don't think I know too many people (or any?) who legitimately like and listen to Elvis??

However in my experience, having at least a Beatles phase, regardless of age/whatever is far more common... B)

St. Patrick drove out the snakes. The Pied Piper drove out the rats. He was not a saint. He drowned all the village's children.