đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—

I haven't personally seen it yet, few outside a handful of horror festivals have seen it yet (should be on VOD soon), but those that have all say it's god-tier incredibad. An anthology film, here's how Vulture described the first segment: 

The first story in Verotika revolves around a murderous albino spider (played by actor Scotch Hopkins) who takes the form of a pasty humanoid with eight legs. This is his reality ever since he encountered a sex worker named Dajette (Ashley Wisdom), who has eyes for nipples — nipple eyes that are capable of crying, no less! — and whose tears are apparently quite dangerous. From there, the predatory man-spider ventures from one harshly lit set to the next, vengefully snapping the necks of other sex workers along the way. All of the actors have terrible French accents, which is strange because at one point you can see the words “LOS ANGELES” written above a theater marquee frequented by the aforementioned woman with eyeball nipples.

It's getting called the horror version of The Room. I'm usually skeptical of such comparisons, but Glenn F'n Danzig might be one of the few humans on Earth operating on the same inscrutable wavelength as Tommy Wiseau, so, yeah, I believe it's possible. These reviews make me want to see this done soooo bad. 

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/glenn-danzigs-verotika-review.html

https://film.avclub.com/holy-hell-glenn-danzig-mightve-just-made-the-room-of-h-1835503250

• Like 1

Bumping this one more time. Seriously this movie is as bonkers as it gets, and with a legendary asshole rock star as director on top of it. What more could you want?

Nathan Rabin did a review/ deconstruction of it recently here.

Also, they need to have Nathan Rabin on the show some time. Paul mentioned being a fan of him once.

13 hours ago, JeffreyMcDonald said:

RLM also did a review.  Talk about a crossover that I would LOVE with HDTGM!

Their review is here

Hmm... I dunno. After Patton Oswalt's appearance on Best of the Worst, I have a feeling that Paul, Jason and June would also get easily annoyed with Jay, Mike and Rich.

Let's not forget that Danzig followed this cinematic outing with a less-than-stellar Elvis tribute album. Here's a taste (my apologies):

On 10/8/2020 at 8:55 PM, CaptainAmazing said:

Nathan Rabin did a review/ deconstruction of it recently here.

Also, they need to have Nathan Rabin on the show some time. Paul mentioned being a fan of him once.

To piggyback off of one of the comments from that article, there's exactly one industry where anyone would know she had eyes for nipples, and she chose to work in it. That's like a humor column I read years ago that was making fun of both weird Olympic events and NBC's obsession with forcing a heartwarming narrative out of everything:

"Jim Sidrfz was tragically born with six legs, but he was determined to compete in the Olympic Putting on Shoes competition. He was up against Sid Kfumnd, tragically born with only one leg. But Jim was determined, he wouldn't let his problems stop him from competing. He was going for the gold!

And of course, Sidrfz lost miserably. But hey, it was heartwarming."

Or yanno, she could have gone online and cut out herself a niche of guys who would pay extra to see boob eyes.

Words cannot describe how bad this movie is. It boggles the mind. Here’s the synopsis from IMDb:

“Follows the surreal and bloody trilogy of erotic horror stories culled from Danzig's comic.“

all you need to know is that it’s written and directed by Danzig, based on Danzig’s work.

Edited by Boodoonadoodoo
Missing year