đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—

Hey guys, I watch every movie before listening to each podcast. Love the show.

I see you have a bunch of fantasticly awful suggestions already, and I'm sure you have more than enough material to continue the podcast forever, but you truly haven't seen a horribly made movie until you have seen Twisted. This comes in at 2% on rotten tomatoes: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twisted/, and is in their top 10 worst of all time.

It's one thing when you watch an indie movie that's low budget and simply misses the mark, but when a big budget Hollywood movie fails in such a big way, it's another. I originally watched this not knowing it was so awful. This movie is so bad in every single aspect of film making. The story is probably the stupidest thing ever scripted and all of the agents for Judd, Jackson & Garcia need to be fired. After seeing this movie I didn't react with the whole ironic "this movie is so bad it's hilarious!" reflection, but I was seriously upset and pissed off at how fucking retarded it was. I seriously had to go seek help and consolation while the whole time crying, "but it's just so stupid..."

Would LOVE to get your take on it.

Oh, and hey Mantzoukas, this movie not only fails in Comedy, but also Film and Cinema!

• Like 1

Trouble is with Twisted it is painfully bland to a fault.. not sure theres the material in it.. nothing happens you haven't seen or read before and the ending is painfully obvious less than halfway through. Reminded me of Taking Lives which at least tried to be confusing but really was stupidly bland and rote.

Trouble is with Twisted it is painfully bland to a fault.. not sure there the material in it.. nothing happens you haven't seen or read before and the ending is painfully obvious less than halfway through. Reminded me of Taking Lives which at least tried to be confusing but really was stupidly bland and rote.

Agreed. OMG, thank you. More evidence why I literally hate this movie. Seriously, she's going to get drugged a couple more times? I mean you can't even ruffie a person that many times without them going, "huh!?" I know from experience, except that's not true.

It is a movie to get angry at isn't it.. Angry that people made it.. and more than that, that someone wrote it and several other people said lets pay money to make it. If that was not enough add in some half decent actors whose agents liked it and got them to say yes to it.

You can only assume there was money involved or somehow every other page of plot, the ones with the original ideas on them, got lost and went unfilmed.

Even the worst action movie can get away with plot-holes and trite nonsense if there's action to distract you or an idea that's so good you'll go with it just to see how it will end. but here they didn't even try.. its made for TV level and lower.

I forgot why i watched it.. but it turns out that Mark Pellegrino and Titus Welliver were in it.. and i'm such a sucker for lot i find it amusing to see these two in the same show or film.

I watched this film just to see if it was really horrible, but man was I so right. The acting was awful, the dialogue was horrendous, and it was neither suspenseful nor thrilling. Twisted also happens to be directed by none other than Philip Kaufman! That's the guy who helmed the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake, The Right Stuff, The Unbearable Lightness of Being and Rising Sun among others. How could a good director and cast be attached to this crap and ended up sucking so bad? I think the screenplay was to blame. The writer behind it, Sarah Thorp, went on to write The Bounty Hunter of all things! Avoid this at all costs.

Philip Kaufman. Co-creator of Indiana Jones. Writer of The Outlaw Josey (I almost typed Jose—that would have been a very different film) Wales. Director of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Right Stuff, The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Directed Twisted in 2004. This movie is STACKED with talent. Ashley Judd, Andy Garcia, Samuel L. Jackson. All of the supporting roles are filled with excellent character actors like Titus Welliver and David Straitharn.

YET... I have more respect for Birdemic than this movie. They tried with Birdemic and at least made a minimally minor cult classic. This movie DOES NOT try and it is JAW-DROPPINGLY TERRIBLE. It is as if someone decided to make a Se7en-style rip-off TV movie for Spike TV with the best actors and worst script ever. It is a movie that made all the critics comment (On RT’s page about this movie, which gives it a critical approval rating of 1%) that they can’t believe this movie is from the same man who made The RIght Stuff (it also got an audience approval rating of 31%). It is terrible. It is hilarious. It is amazing. It makes Lawrence Kasdan’s adaptation of Dreamcatcher look good.

It is currently streaming on HBO.

here is the preview:

this would make a great episode, but be prepared to have your minds blown. BY CLICHES.