🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 79 The Rocky Horror Picture Show

12 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Question for the group - what are your favorite Tim Curry performances/characters?  I think mine is Wadsworth from Clue.

I just rewatched Clue last night!!! He's so fucking good in it! And like kinda really hot???

I think Frank is my favorite performance of his, but he's so good in everything I've seen him in, and he's the reason why I'm fucking terrified of so many things and have to shower with music playing or else I'm convinced he's standing just outside the shower curtain waiting to kill me......

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tay-loe anne photo said:

I just rewatched Clue last night!!! He's so fucking good in it! And like kinda really hot???

I think Frank is my favorite performance of his, but he's so good in everything I've seen him in, and he's the reason why I'm fucking terrified of so many things and have to shower with music playing or else I'm convinced he's standing just outside the shower curtain waiting to kill me......

I think every performance he gives is great, whether the movie is good or not. I’ve never seen him phone it in. He even did a voice as the main character in a computer game series—Gabriel Knight—where he played a New Orleans supernatural detective and he was awesome doing THAT. Even his Pennywise in the TV version of IT (which has a decent first half and a shitty second half) is iconic. So I can’t choose, although Clue is also a lot of fun.

which performance terrified you, Tay-loe? Or did all of them?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

which performance terrified you, Tay-loe?

Oh I thought that part was obvious lol. It was Pennywise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2019 at 12:25 AM, tomspanks said:

FTFY -  I kind of brought it up earlier, but I really hate seeing Frank get killed off even though he is the villain because of that☝️

Question for the group - what are your favorite Tim Curry performances/characters?  I think mine is Wadsworth from Clue.

Here's a deep cut that I'm not even sure holds up anymore. I use to love Duckman in which Tim Curry had a reoccurring role as King Chicken. To this day when I think of  Tim Curry as many times as I've seen this movie I still think of "Bwahaha buck buck buck"

Fun Tim Curry fact. He was the original Joker is Batman TAS. He was doing Captain Hook for Peter Pan animated Saturday cartoon so he was cast as the Joker on the new upcoming Batman cartoon. He got sick and the part had to be recast. Now to me Mark Hamill will always be my Joker but one can't help but wonder how he would have been with Tim Curry voicing him.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

Here's a deep cut that I'm not even sure holds up anymore. I use to love Duckman in which Tim Curry had a reoccurring role as King Chicken. To this day when I think of  Tim Curry as many times as I've seen this movie I still think of "Bwahaha buck buck buck"

Fun Tim Curry fact. He was the original Joker is Batman TAS. He was doing Captain Hook for Peter Pan animated Saturday cartoon so he was cast as the Joker on the new upcoming Batman cartoon. He got sick and the part had to be recast. Now to me Mark Hamill will always be my Joker but one can't help but wonder how he would have been with Tim Curry voicing him.

I remember Duckman so why can’t I remember king chicken? 😫

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomspanks said:

I remember Duckman so why can’t I remember king chicken? 😫

He was like his reoccurring rival. A big blue chicken with a Southern accent and elvis like hair.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

He was like his reoccurring rival. A big blue chicken with a Southern accent and elvis like hair.

• Like 2

It's a horrible role but I liked Tim Curry's terrorist in McHale's Navy.  It wasn't a good role but he tried his best.  Clue is definitely my favorite.  He was also in a Hercule Poirot episode, Appointment with Death, as an archeologist.

96764.jpg

• Like 3

I also should add the shadowcast doesn't really add much for me if the cast is trying to be a faithful reproduction of the movie.  I went to one performance and it was distracting to try and watch the performers as well as the movie (and try to remember lines to shout out).  The first times I saw the movie there was a minimal cast.  It was just people dressed up doing a basic version.  That was more fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I haven't seen Legend.  I suppose I need to rectify that.

Please please do. It's the height of "80s fantasy bullshit that made no money but kept getting made anyway." Fucking Ridley Scott directed it. I LOVE IT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Please please do. It's the height of "80s fantasy bullshit that made no money but kept getting made anyway." Fucking Ridley Scott directed it. I LOVE IT.

Kind of like Ladyhawke?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Kind of like Ladyhawke?

A bit, but WAY more out there. I mean, Tom Cruise is an elf and Tim Curry is...

tumblr_p032qbYodn1sqr9zvo2_250.gifv

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Tom Cruise is an elf in real life. 🙂

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

He was also the inspiration for Link...

th?id=OIP.Kb8yLWrWwSgbRdxeswgqZAHaE1&pid

th?id=OIP.SA-yz9PJNm156oRUtxsANQHaH7&pid

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

He was also the inspiration for Link...

th?id=OIP.Kb8yLWrWwSgbRdxeswgqZAHaE1&pid

th?id=OIP.SA-yz9PJNm156oRUtxsANQHaH7&pid

I think this is more a coincidence than anything else. The Legend Of Zelda came out February 1986 and Legend came out in Japan in 1987 according to imdb.

But I'll support the Legend (and Zelda) love. I know Legend has gained some appreciation with the director's cut, but I thought the theatrical version was fine in high school. Maybe not the strongest fantasy movie but definitely worth checking out.

• Like 1

You’re right. Apparently I got fooled by the Mandela Effect. I could swear I read that in an interview...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

From what I remember of this movie, Tim Curry is great but Tom Cruise is AWFUL, a near career-worst, totally miscast performance. Doesn’t help that this came our right around or after Top Gun. 

I thought his performance was terrible when I was eleven or twelve (and I liked the Police Academy movies back then, to give you some perspective on my critical eye) and even when I watched the director’s cut on dvd, I thought he and the actress from Ferris Bueller (whose name I’m blanking on) were totally miscast. 

Though That is a fucking AMAZING costume that Tim Curry is in.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

I also should add the shadowcast doesn't really add much for me if the cast is trying to be a faithful reproduction of the movie.  I went to one performance and it was distracting to try and watch the performers as well as the movie (and try to remember lines to shout out).  The first times I saw the movie there was a minimal cast.  It was just people dressed up doing a basic version.  That was more fun.

See, in my opinion, the shadowcast isn't meant for those that strictly want to watch the movie. Obviously they would all be distracting if you're just trying to do that. I think if you go to a shadowcast performance you're meant to watch the cast up front and yell things.