🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Funkdog78

Santa Claus: The Movie (1985)

I think since Christmas is coming soon I say the gang review this piece of holiday crap lol. I remembered watching this a ton on HBO when I was a kid. It’s pretty lame but at least it has John Lithgow and Dudley Moore plus the dude who played Mr Lebowski plays Santa. 

Wow, I haven’t seen this since I was ten or so, but even then I thought it sucked. Good choice!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

Wow, I haven’t seen this since I was ten or so, but even then I thought it sucked. Good choice!

This movie has been kinda discarded the past decades. I felt it was on 24/7 on HBO when I was a kid. Shocking fact was reading online the budget was $50 mil 😳 crazy lol. It was an odd movie to me when I was a kid, haven’t seen it since I was like 10 so I imagine it’s cray cray now lol.

I’m gonna pitch this again for Xmas holiday movie. Such a bizarre movie I think it’s a cannon film too. 

• Like 1

This was produced by the same team as the original Christopher Reeve "Superman" films, and they wanted to create the same large-scale, heroic "origin story" for Santa here. John Lithgow's performance is an iconic level of batcrap crazy and I love it.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this