🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 33 — Abduction

Can Jason making up a soundtrack please become a regular thing? (27:30-28:00)

Like describing a WTF scene in detail, then coming up with absurd background music or sound for it? I think he's done it before, but can't recall in which episode it was. This would be a stronger suggestion if I had other examples - but it could be a fun little thing to add.

As always, loved the episode!

I actually like the cross talk. I think it adds to the humor when they all get so animated at the same time. Between the "literally" comments and all the other pointed-out flaws, what I don't want to see is them start censoring themselves or worrying about rules and formats. It will detract from the energy. In my opinion, it's a roundtable discussion with a bunch of friends, and short moments of chaos is part of how that nomarlly goes. Just my 2 cents.

Taylor Lautner's Sassy Gay Hand doesn't care what y'all think

gYxfu.gif

• Like 6

Yeah sorry guys.. i love the show and listen to them multiple times.. but the last show was a mess of gabbling shouts and you covered hardly anything... and, as others mentioned, a lot devolved into personal attacks on actors appearance and sexuality. Worst of all you kept apologizing and encouraging us to pay to see this crap.. did you know people on the production? Felt a lot like you were struggling to come up with real faults in the movie too and doesn't make me want to watch it in a good or bad way.

I do like your structure free approach and it often leads to an organic conversations that jump around and is fun, but listing June and Paul start the same point a dozen times before being cut off was irritating to listen to and killed the flow.

• Like 1

Taylor Lautner's Sassy Gay Hand doesn't care what y'all think

gYxfu.gif

He does have a freakish giraffe neck...

• Like 1

Agreed with Sad Billionaire. Not sure why Jessica was going nuts over everybody trying to weigh in, but it got kind of exhausting. Still good and all, but the frantic-ness of it all seemed like it weighed down the discussion a bit.

I absolutely love this podcast (and a bunch of the other shows on Earwolf). But this was the first episode I felt where they never got into a real flow. The guest host Jessica just couldn't let anyone else finish a thought... it was actually really difficult to listen to cause they kept talking over each other. Anyway, love the podcast. But I don't this one had problems due to the lack of structure of the show. I think the guest host just couldn't find the rhythm of the group and threw everyone else off. I'm sure she's great on Ronna and Bev, but it just didn't work for me here. But yeah, I know - it's free so I should quit griping...

So the fact that Lautner can't kiss a girl convincingly is because he's gay? That annoyed me to no end. Not the fact that this woman kept insisting on him being gay. I don't care about that guys sexual orientation. But his sexuality is the factor that he can't kiss a girl? Seriously?

This is one of the reasons homophobia keeps so many actors in the closet. The reason he can't kiss on camera can't possibly be because he is a terrible TERRIBLE actor without any talent? Nope, that can't be it. Must be his love for the penis which dictates his whole life.

Another example of exactly this kind of annoying homophobia crept up in your review of "burlesque". Supposedly one of the sex scenes was total crap because the director was gay and therefore couldn't create a straight sex scene? Seriously, people?

Keep in mind that the film was a musical (it was, right?) and had lots of "fabulous" women and dancing and stuff. Isn't that what "the gays" live for? So the director, being a big old homo and all, should have TOTALLY gotten all that stereotypically gay stuff absolutely right, shouldn't he? But from what I hear he got all of that wrong, despite being totally gay! He seems to be a really terrible director and should consider a career change.

But the fact that a straight love scene sucks is because he is gay, not because he is A TERRIBLE DIRECTOR? Do you guys ever listen to your podcasts? Consider taking on an editor? Also, all the mocking of "fat actors" that's creeping into the vast majority of the podcasts I listened to makes you sound like a couple douchebags. Which you probably aren't as far as I know. So, consider to THINK before you actually speak in the future? I promise to do the same thing.

How did "Bella" know that Sigourney Weaver's character was "Jacob's" therapist in the woods after the car chase scene? (plot hole?) Also, i know that IMDB has all the character names, but i like using Twilight names instead!

Anyone offended by this week's podcast should contact the copious amount of show sponsors & have your complaints heard.

...Let's see how HDTGM feels when it finally dawns on them that they've killed the cash cow that is free podcasting.

• Like 1

First Pete Holmes, now Jessica Chaffin, guys, lets go for broke and bring TJ Miller on next week. No Discussion Will Be Had.

First Pete Holmes, now Jessica Chaffin, guys, lets go for broke and bring TJ Miller on next week. No Discussion Will Be Had.

Pete Holmes was hilarious. I think 88 Minutes might be my new favorite episode (the prior being a tie between Wicker Man, Skyline, and Season of the Witch).

Last note for 'Abduction'...

Anyone remember the 90's football movie called 'The Program' with James Caan? There was scene where the kids lie in the middle of the highway & let cars fly by them to prove their courage. Of course there had to be some copycat occurances that led to a fatality or two. Parents were outraged & they had to cut that scene from the movie after its release.

...In 'Abduction', an untethered Jacob was doing 60mph on the hood of a car. There was absolutely NO negative recourse ever came of that. No parents got angry, no kids were hurt, no copycats killed, no negative press, no internet warnings...nothing.

I guess no one was dumb enough to pull this stunt or watch this movie.

...In 'Abduction', an untethered Jacob was doing 60mph on the hood of a car. There was absolutely NO negative recourse ever came of that. No parents got angry, no kids were hurt, no copycats killed, no negative press, no internet warnings...nothing.

It could also be that absolutely NO ONE thought that Taylor Lautner was cool. In whatever universe this movie takes place in, he must be the coolest cat, but in ours, somebody would be telling him to shut the fuck up after every ever half-assed attempt at a witty remark or one-liner.

Speaking of alternate universes, I'd like to know what else goes on in the place where the biggest musical act in the world is a bunch of singing chipmunks that perform nothing but COVERS.

• Like 1

Actually I know someone who died this way on vacation a few years ago. I wasn't that close with him, but a lot of my friends were. Still I didn't get upset at this scene. People do all kinds of dangerous things in movies. Even movies for kids and teens.

First things first. This is my new favorite podcast. You guys have amazing chemistry and the unique ability to make me feel like I am in the room with you. Every show has been fantastic, and I know you work hard for very little financial gain, if any. This is a passion project and I love it.

That said, this episode was the first I had to stop listening to. Frankly, the guest host was unlistenable. Whereas I usually love the back and forth and feel that you find a real groove in the show, Jessica just plowed through every one of her comments if others were talking or not. It sounded like even Jason had had enough of it around minute 11:00. ("Why are you arguing with us?!") I checked out at minute 13:00. I actually found myself shouting at the radio whenever Jessica spoke. I don't want to be one of "those people" that shout at imaginary voices so I bailed.

I know that comedy is all about poking the bear, doing the risky, throwing yourself out there. But it also has to be funny. Jessica wasn't, and her endless droning absolutely derailed the show. Of course I will be back next week, but I needed to register for the forums just to let you know this is the only time I have just stared at my iPod and wondered if I downloaded The View by accident.

I, for one, would prefer no guest host most episodes. You guys are absolutely hilarious, and while the guest hosts sometimes have things to contribute, I usually wish they were absent. Three comedians with impeccable chops are enough, and you guys slay me.

I implore you, keep murdering me, but Jessica has got to go.

• Like 3

I watched the wrong Abduction!!! I was searching through the list of movies off HDTGM and found Abduction on netflix. After watching and then listening to the podcast I realized I had watched the wrong movie. But, HOLY CRAP...have you seen Abduction (2009) by John Orrichio??? I am so surprised that this episode of How Did This Get Made was not about the Abduction movie that I saw! It is definitely on the level of Birdemic and The Room combined...but much more ickkkyyyyyy.

• Like 1

Oh my god. I just did the exact same thing as mygodisafaggot. I started watching the 2009 one and was instantly convinced that it had to be the one HDTGM was talking about because it was so awful! Part of me wants to hear an episode about it, but most of me wants to forget about the last hour and 45 minutes of my life. I'd describe it as the badness of The Room with the squick factor of Human Centipede.

I just watched The Bourne Legacy, and I honestly think Abduction is a better movie.

Holy SHIT, maybe you guys need to start using captcha or whatever, because this site is getting hammered with SPAM quite a lot lately. It's pretty ridiculous.

I just watched The Bourne Legacy, and I honestly think Abduction is a better movie.

Yeah...no. Not in any way, shape or form. Legacy might have been rote, but Abduction is pure garbage.

This is the first episode that I could not listen to all the way through. The guest was loud, unfunny, and trampled over everyone until it became a shouting match with no flow. Even Jason seemed to be losing his paitance with her. Still, out of the 30+ episodes I've listened too this was the first one that annoyed me, so they still have a crazy high average...just never let her near a mic again.

This is the first episode that I could not listen to all the way through. The guest was loud, unfunny, and trampled over everyone until it became a shouting match with no flow. Even Jason seemed to be losing his paitance with her. Still, out of the 30+ episodes I've listened too this was the first one that annoyed me, so they still have a crazy high average...just never let her near a mic again.

gYxfu.gif

• Like 3

TLSGHâ„¢ trumps all whining, every time.

I think had they chosen a decent young actor, it would have been an enjoyable, but forgettable action movie. I remember the scene where they sleep in the forest and Lautner's character is supposed to be crying from a bad dream, I honestly thought he was waking up with allergies.