🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hgale

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Seriously, there is nothing is this movie that is intended to be tongue-in-cheek. Someone wrote a draft, someone else greenlit it, and a cast and crew laboured for months only to produce one of the cheesiest, overacted, overhyped, non-sense-making pieces of shit to ever be associated with the superhero genre. Overlooking how much it plays fast and loose with the source material (which, really, only affects Marvel purists), it still decides to totally fuck up the continuity of the cinematic universe. Also, it fucking blows. Discuss.

Yeah the script was piss poor and did piss on the characters for no good reason. Some dire casting and unimpressive effects really did make this a horrible attempt at a character cashcow tie in.

the scene where wolverine blocks a laser blast with his claws should be proof enough that this movie needs to be discussed in detail

for the curious, here it is

the magic is at the 1:30 mark

I really wonder, why did they give Deadpool those crappy arm blades? Firstly, they would be too long that while not out they wouldn't let his arms bend, and also because the action is so completely different then using swords, his skills as a swordsman are useless with them. But also...cg wise, why waste the money? Just give him swords, spend the extra computer power you saved on making wolverines claws look at least better than the 90s cartoon's wolverine.

The Wolverine was so much better than this movie in nearly every way. It's not perfect, but boy, a major step up from this catastrophe.

catastrophe is right

this was such a terrible movie

i still don't know who in their right mind decided to call that abomination deadpool

also, the continuity just gets thrown out the window, but i don't think the x men franchise ever cared about any of that...

The first X-Men and X2 are pretty consistent, but then you get to X3 and it's like nah, let's not even bother with trying to make sense. Then this movie comes along and suddenly Sabretooth is a different guy that looks nothing like he did, and he's Wolverine's brother. I'll be interested to see how Singer tries to tie it all together in Days of Future Past (then again, maybe he'll just ignore it or blame it on timey-wimey stuff).

This movie seemed to have all the right parts to make at least a serviceable popcorn flick: the origin story of Wolverine, a black ops team of either villains or antiheroes who had not been shown yet in a Marvel film, and good actors playing most of the roles. Yet with all of that we got THIS. Liev Schreiber was totally miscast as Sabertooth who to me was always just a brute and more animalistic than Wolverine, not a pretty well spoken guy who has muttonchop sideburns and looks a little grisly. I think he would have been better suited as Stryker (though Danny Huston does a good job for his part), and then have Kevin Durand who played Blob as Sabertooth if they couldn't get Tyler Mane again.

Yet the biggest kick to the balls in this movie was Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds is a smart pick for the character as he can pop off and be a smart ass, but to have him keep his pretty boy looks when the character he is playing is a cancer victim with horrible scars covering his whole body is just preposterous. They try to buy it back by having his surgical scars at the end sorta resemble his mask, but they cover his mouth so he can't talk, mind you Deadpool is the MERC WITH THE MOUTH! If they ever make the Deadpool movie they really just need to have a stunt actor like Doug Jones wear the costume and have Nolan North do the voice, would save a lot of fanboy hate and could work for a movie based on the character.

This movie seemed to have all the right parts to make at least a serviceable popcorn flick: the origin story of Wolverine, a black ops team of either villains or antiheroes who had not been shown yet in a Marvel film, and good actors playing most of the roles. Yet with all of that we got THIS. Liev Schreiber was totally miscast as Sabertooth who to me was always just a brute and more animalistic than Wolverine, not a pretty well spoken guy who has muttonchop sideburns and looks a little grisly. I think he would have been better suited as Stryker (though Danny Huston does a good job for his part), and then have Kevin Durand who played Blob as Sabertooth if they couldn't get Tyler Mane again.

Yet the biggest kick to the balls in this movie was Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds is a smart pick for the character as he can pop off and be a smart ass, but to have him keep his pretty boy looks when the character he is playing is a cancer victim with horrible scars covering his whole body is just preposterous. They try to buy it back by having his surgical scars at the end sorta resemble his mask, but they cover his mouth so he can't talk, mind you Deadpool is the MERC WITH THE MOUTH! If they ever make the Deadpool movie they really just need to have a stunt actor like Doug Jones wear the costume and have Nolan North do the voice, would save a lot of fanboy hate and could work for a movie based on the character.

I would have actually felt less betrayed by the "Deadpool" we got if it was JUST some dude they called Deadpool and the film hadn't spent the effort making such a great Wade Wilson. It's like we KNOW someone knew the character and went "Yeah, we're just going to take a shit on that".

one of the dumbest superhero films ever made, makes Daredevil look high-end... also some of the laziest special effects you'll ever see in a massive film like this

ryan-reynolds-2-1445535628.gif

Sign in to follow this