🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
grudlian.

Episode 227.5 - Minisode 227.5

Baby chairs, Paul discovers what sequins are, and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Double Dragon, and opens up the Mail Bag. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our tour dates over at www.hdtgm.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

I didn't have much interest in Disney+ until Paul talked about Mr. Boogedy. It was an episode of The Wonderful World Of Disney that we taped when I was a kid. There was also a sequel called Bride Of Boogedy. If they have The Richest Cat In The World on Disney+, I might have to at least get a free trial.

• Like 1

Mr. Boogedy  kinda piqued my interest. Also, they have all The Simpsons episodes, which is Disney +’s only strong selling point for me. 

Nailed it inspired me to finally create a forum account. 

https://i.imgur.com/1tGlhGA.gifv

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamS. said:

Mr. Boogedy  kinda piqued my interest. Also, they have all The Simpsons episodes, which is Disney +’s only strong selling point for me. 

I still have the DVDs of The Simpsons. I have mild interest in The Mandalorian, but I'm definitely not bothering with Disney+ until every episode is out.

I have an important question about the Transformers DVD guessing game. Do the ones given away at the live show count? Because I think at least 200 then. 

I also have a random question inspired by the "baby chairs" caller. I know Paul is a big fan of rides and Disney so maybe I should call in. But I would welcome forum input as well. How young is too young to bring a kid to Disney? We are having a disagreement in my family. I know some people bring infants and such, but is that a huge pain? My mom is insistent that a child has to be old enough to walk the entire time (no baby chairs) and old enough to remember. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I have an important question about the Transformers DVD guessing game. Do the ones given away at the live show count? Because I think at least 200 then. 

I also have a random question inspired by the "baby chairs" caller. I know Paul is a big fan of rides and Disney so maybe I should call in. But I would welcome forum input as well. How young is too young to bring a kid to Disney? We are having a disagreement in my family. I know some people bring infants and such, but is that a huge pain? My mom is insistent that a child has to be old enough to walk the entire time (no baby chairs) and old enough to remember. 

My brother and sister-in-law took their kids to Disneyland when my niece was 5 and nephew was 3. In my opinion, that was a little young because a lot of rides freaked them out, although they did like the Cars section of the park, I guess. 

Although when I went with my brother when we were kids, he was around 6 or 7 and we both loved it (I was around 11). Obviously, I think it depends on how well kids handle lines/walking/rides in general. If you have brave toddlers, go for it! But Tickets are expensive enough that you might want to wait until they’re old enough to enjoy it.

I don’t know if that helps, but that’s been my family’s experience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I’ve had this discussion before because I have two kids that are four years apart so it’s difficult to decide on a “right time.” According to my sister, who, like most of my family, still lives in Florida, there is no “too young” age to go to Disney. However, I disagree because she is speaking from privilege as a Disney Season Pass holder. To wit, she can go whenever she’d like and still be home for dinner. Considering the cost of going to Disney, and the probable infrequency non-Florida residents can go, I would err on the side of a slightly older child - 5 or so. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I would say 5 is probably a good minimum age. I think much younger than that and there's very little geared toward children younger than that. Disney is very expensive. While they are going to enjoy it at the time, I'd hate to spend that kind of money and they don't remember it in a few years which they probably won't younger than 5 years old. 

• Like 1

Listening to Paul open up the couple of boxes full of movies to do on the show... I think we need to send him (and Avril) a copy of Rockula right?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Listening to Paul open up the couple of boxes full of movies to do on the show... I think we need to send him (and Avril) a copy of Rockula right?

You mean, the greatest musical ever made? 

100%

8l5zM2.gif

• Like 3

I'm watching High Strung right now and there's an awful lot of ballet. I'm taking bets on whether or not Jason references Bunheads in the episode.