🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 20 — Darker Than Nougat

I agree with Todd Mason. I also didn't find it funny when the homeless guy was being made fun of--this is at around 45 mins of the podcast in the street interview segment. Matt Besser and all, please listen to this segment again, you may not have realized but he was being mocked for being "boring" as the reason why he is homeless, and that he is crazy. He does appear to have a mental health illness, but again, making fun of people with disabilities is not funny.

Anyway, I just don't find it right to kick a guy when he's already down and out and clearly suffering. I wouldn't take offense if you guys just said the story was indeed boring and leave it at that, but it saddened me that people will pick on the less fortunate in this way.

I agree with Todd Mason. I also didn't find it funny when the homeless guy was being made fun of--this is at around 45 mins of the podcast in the street interview segment. Matt Besser and all, please listen to this segment again, you may not have realized but he was being mocked for being "boring" as the reason why he is homeless, and that he is crazy. He does appear to have a mental health illness, but again, making fun of people with disabilities is not funny.

Anyway, I just don't find it right to kick a guy when he's already down and out and clearly suffering. I wouldn't take offense if you guys just said the story was indeed boring and leave it at that, but it saddened me that people will pick on the less fortunate in this way.

OK, after the fact apologies, too...I'd say I overreacted to some of the lines (such as He's homeless because he's boring) before giving up before getting to "My craziest day? I was warm for the other day for a half-hour," which is certainly not adding insult to injury. It just hit me sideways. And LA is right about this...this is, in total, an excellent episode, among the many excellent episodes, and thanks for doing them. (And thanks for the offer.)

Actually, Todd, I don't think you overreacted, b/c I had the same reaction while listening to this episode, and was rather startled and puzzled that in this day and age in this horrible economic crisis, that we would make fun of the poor???? So homeless and poor people are poor and homeless because they are boring? SMH. I thought I heard wrong, but glad that you heard what I heard.

Sign in to follow this