🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Meteors

The Shaft AKA Down (2001)

Hey guys, big fan of the show. Please review this movie, it's insane! Naomi Watts, Michael Ironside, Ron Pearlman, the head vampire off Lost Boys, and the guy off Twin Peaks who had his arse removed after he used too much zit cream are all terrorised by a haunted lift shaft with the power to maim, murder, and induce labour!!

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U162gHU8Y-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This movie is so bad, it's so much fun! Not only do I think this would make a great show to listen to you ripping it apart, but I think the podcast's fans out there would enjoy watching the movie too.

Please don't subject us to another movie with that Neanderthal thing from Abduction!

Keep up the good work!

I'd really like to second this.

This film is perfect HDTGM fare. The dialogue is astonishingly bad, the fake "New Yawk" accents are excruciating, and the plot is truly something to behold. It's watchable enough to keep your attention, bad enough to beg the titular question, and the accents are the cherry on top! 

I've been a fan and listener for years, but watching "The Shaft" (Down) was the first time I ever felt compelled to make an account on the Earwolf forums.

Y'all need to get on this one!