🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 88 — Hurdler Backpack

This week's Sklarbro Country will fill you up with comedy like a one-pound hot dog will with cholesterol! Saturday Night Live's Taran Killam makes his maiden voyage to the calming shores and brings with him behind-the-scenes stories and audition tales that SNL die-hards have to hear. From his Sklar-esque characters to his hilarious Tim Tebow sketch, he gives us great insight into the comedy institution. We also have a call with Gary Busey who didn't get the memo about our awesome SXSW show with Ryan Stout and The Sheepdogs. He should head over to the Earwolf Store and pick up the show (including video) for $4.99, and you should too! And while you're at it, cast your vote for Sklarbro Country in The Comedy Awards. HENDERSON!

This is the Shucky Ducky video that Taran mentioned:

• Like 1

Great episode, I love how into SNL Randy and Jason are and I always love getting some inside baseball SNL talk when they have a cast member on the show. I totally agree that Taran is one of the breakout stars of the current cast, he and Bobby Moynihan (who you guys also need to get on the show) just kill it every week. I'm also glad the whole Kings of Catchphrase Comedy non-controversy has been resolved.

I guess you could say Richard Jewell is everywhere in the omnipresence kind of way since he died 3 1/2 years ago.

Something tells me the Bros will have something to say about the latest Ryan Leaf arrest (I originally typed 'bust', but it seemed redundant...) That's at least his second drug arrest... He must be like the Ryan Leaf of drug dealing, or something.

Nice job hosting The Jungle this week, Sklars! That's Huge, Rack Him, and so forth...

• Like 1

I'm glad that Taran broke down his Brad Pitt impression. I always wondered what those hilaious guttural tags were about.

I think the best part was how excited he was to be asked about his late night sweet tooth go to in New York. 'That is a great question!'.

I love the idea of Gary Busey talking to fish. So much. So much.

P.S. As loathe as I am to defend a Yankee, a lot of restaurants allow for you (or even make it a specialty) to bring your own ingredients, especially seafood, for them to cook. Coastal resort towns and whatever have them a lot since there are a bunch of fishermen-tourists with no kitchens to cook their food. It's a win-win for the restaurants since they get free stuff and get to charge you extra for the service. I'm assuming Jeter was at one of these places, not a TGI Friday's or something.

When Taran said he went to Big Bear High School, did anyone else's brain add "Go Bears!" a la the prostitute in Fargo?

I'm going to put this out there: I have a man-crush on Taran.

If you haven't seen it, check out his side-by-side Robyn dance...

Does anyone know if the SXSW show will be available on iTunes? Or just on the Earwolf page?

Sign in to follow this