🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 33.5 — Minisode 33.5

Every mini-episode I say the same thing... "There is no way I'm watching that one." And yet, I inevitably do.

This time, I think it might be easier than most to keep myself from watching Pluto Nash. I hurt just thinking about it.

• Like 1

i am excited to hear about Pluto Nash as I saw it theatres as a birthday trip when I was 11.

Boy was I excited to see it.

Eddie Murphy ins Space! What more could you want?

Every mini-episode I say the same thing... "There is no way I'm watching that one." And yet, I inevitably do.

This time, I think it might be easier than most to keep myself from watching Pluto Nash. I hurt just thinking about it.

You're much stronger than most of us.

After Birdemic and Trespass, my boyfriend will not entertain suggestions from HDTGM anymore

• Like 2

I got a VHS copy of Pluto Nash in a Chinese gift exchange.

The Engrish description on the back is probably WAY funnier than the movie! I once got a copy of "Superman Returns" that had the synopsis of Jean Claude Van Damme's "Timecop" on it.

Ummmmm...

We ARE talking about Chinese bootlegs of American films, right?

Did anyone see the new one where he can't talk? I didn't, because I was in the next theater watching the new Megan Fox movie where she's in a Michelin Man suit the whole time...

I haven't seen "The Artist" yet either.

• Like 1

ALRIGHT!!!! Jesus Herbert Christ, it's fucking podcasting y'all, chill the crap out

I've listened to plenty of podcasts where the hosts stay completely on-topic, no one talks over each other, friends aren't invited on to talk about anything, and the sponsors aren't ever plugged. More often than not, those podcasts are boring as shit. The personalities of the hosts here are terrific, and they're generally pretty good judges of who to bring on as guests, whether they have anything to plug or not, and whether they have anything to do with the movies being discussed or not (Side note: It would be awesome if you guys did an episode on "Hellraiser: Revelation" and brought back "Hellraiser: Bloodline" co-star Adam Scott to discuss it). Also, as many have pointed out, this is an "and a half" episode, which in itself IS a hype show. They've been pretty short in the past, running at just a few minutes, so even if you cut the interview stuff from this one, it's STILL about as long as a regular full-length mini-episode. Lighten the fuck up, people. Please.

• Like 1

The people complaining about the complainers far outnumbers the actual complainers. While it is annoying that people are piling on a dead argument, it is nice to see Earwolf has very supportive fans :)

• Like 3

Hey everyone just so you know we didn't make any money from talking to Lennon and Jess about BFFs. (also just FYI none of us have ever seen a dime from this podcast from advertising) We do it because it's fun and we like it. That's that.

Jess and Lennon are just really old friends of ours from UCB that got an amazing opportunity to make a network TV show on their own terms and we wanted to let people know about it. Plus it's really funny and good. See the reviews.

The mini episodes are a chance to do whatever we want. We are still trying to figure out how to expand them to add more content. It had the same format as a regular mini and you could have turned it off after the trailer and it would have been just like normal. We'd never do it in a regular episode and this is a cool way to try something different. Basically you didn't lose anything only gained 14 minutes of more content.

Regardless. I love reading comments.

• Like 5

Have any Earwolfers watched the Pilot for 'BFF' yet? My advice is: stick with it past the first few minutes, because it gets way funny after the initial lame pubic hair joke. This looks like another quality 'alt' NBC sitcom (along with Community and P&R). I was pleasantly surprised, because putting improv geniuses into scripted sitcoms doesn't always pan out (it looks like they let them improvise in this one, ala 'The League').

When was the last time there were multiple funny shows on a major network? Add in AMC's great shows, 'Louie', 'The League', and IFC's COMEDY BANG BANG, MU'FUCKA!!!!, and we're living in a pretty good era, TV-wise... (where the hell is 'Evil Genius', though? That seemed like a can't miss show, but I haven't heard jack about it recently, which probably means it's dead...)

• Like 1

Hey everyone just so you know we didn't make any money from talking to Lennon and Jess about BFFs. (also just FYI none of us have ever seen a dime from this podcast from advertising) We do it because it's fun and we like it. That's that.

Paul, it's awesome that you set the record straight, but no worries- there was only a few people who were bothered by the interview among a huge sea of supporters.

With that said, I do like to see varying opinions on these boards- as long as it's civil and thoughtful. I listen to Earwolf podcasts to escape my day-today annoyances, so I'm not looking for any intense discussions, but I sort of like when someone has a variant opinion, so let's not jump all over them.

And to stay on topic- glad you are goin' old school with Pluto Nash.

• Like 1

When was the last time there were multiple funny shows on a major network? Add in AMC's great shows, 'Louie', 'The League', and IFC's COMEDY BANG BANG, MU'FUCKA!!!!, and we're living in a pretty good era, TV-wise... (where the hell is 'Evil Genius', though? That seemed like a can't miss show, but I haven't heard jack about it recently, which probably means it's dead...)

I think you mean FX not AMC for great comedy.

AMC makes great Drama like Mad Med (with earwolf favorite Jon Hamm) or Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston needs to be on an Earwolf show)

I think you mean FX not AMC for great comedy.

AMC makes great Drama like Mad Med (with earwolf favorite Jon Hamm) or Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston needs to be on an Earwolf show)[/left]

Oh, no. I meant 'AMC's great shows (i.e. BB and MM), comma, and FX's comedies'... I just re-read my post and it was confusing, though...

Even though it's not comedy, I didn't want to exclude Breaking Bad, which is probably my favorite non-comedy since Twin Peaks (if you don't consider TP a comedy, that is...)

With that said, I do like to see varying opinions on these boards- as long as it's civil and thoughtful. I listen to Earwolf podcasts to escape my day-today annoyances, so I'm not looking for any intense discussions, but I sort of like when someone has a variant opinion, so let's not jump all over them.

Thank you for this... I kind of want to take an opportunity to expand on this really quickly...

This is by far, the greatest moderating job I've ever had. Everyone who posts here is really passionate about our podcasts and you guys make me laugh every day. 95% of the time, if someone leaves a negative comment in a thread, it's ignored. Everyone else goes on and posts what they wanted to in the first place. I really like when this happens. It makes my job so super easy.

So, my point is mainly that it works nicely when people decide to let negativity fade into the background instead of drawing it out and spreading the negative energy and making it the main focus.

I don't want to have to give out warnings for name calling to someone who is trying to defend their favorite show. I'd really rather save that stuff for spammers.

I love you my babies. Keep it classy.

rvgk7k.jpg

• Like 2

Darn it Shannon, now i'm inspired to watch the "one track lover" darkplace song!

(where the hell is 'Evil Genius', though? That seemed like a can't miss show, but I haven't heard jack about it recently, which probably means it's dead...)

There was an unspoken of falling out between two greats, I don't think we'll be seeing it. Sucks.

Oh, no. I meant 'AMC's great shows (i.e. BB and MM), comma, and FX's comedies'... I just re-read my post and it was confusing, though...

Even though it's not comedy, I didn't want to exclude Breaking Bad, which is probably my favorite non-comedy since Twin Peaks (if you don't consider TP a comedy, that is...)

Oh now I totally understand. Yeah it was kinda confusing :P

And Breaking Bad is pretty damn funny at times. That's one of the reasons I love it so much.

• Like 1

There was an unspoken of falling out between two greats, I don't think we'll be seeing it. Sucks.

I did hear rumblings about that, but thought that they were going to plug ahead without TS... That's disappointing...

Also, does anyone know what's up with P&R? I thought maybe they didn't want to counterprogram March Madness, but now that's over and there's still no new Parks episode... Is it a short season, maybe? (The latest 'Community' is beyond amazing, though - maybe the best one ever imo).

What!? I refuse to believe that any movie that has "Gonna Make You Sweat" in the trailer is bad. I REFUSE! Just like I refuse to believe that anyone could not sense the sarcasm in this post.

So...how long have June and Jason been married?

That was a really great minisode. The conversation was funny, it prompted me to add Best Friends Forever to my Hulu queue, and for once I wasn't picturing Paul sitting alone in his underwear in a home office and speaking into a microphone.

Pluto Nash was actually better than I expected. I think my expectations were at wad-of-thick-mucous-at-the-bottom-of-a-dirty-toilet-bowl level because of the crap-tastic Abduction. That movie had no redeeming quality whatsoever, unlike an 88 Minutes, or Birdemic (well, that one sucked big time too, but at least it knew it sucked). Anyway, yes, Pluto nash was not a good movie by any means; however, it was entertaining. It was like someone had an idea to rip off Total Recall, Superman 2 and I don't know...The Sting or some shit. But then, that person, got drunk and got their hands on good actors, put a gun to each of their heads and told them to go with it.

Excuse me for my blathering, I was just surprised at how much more enjoyable this movie was compared to the last one.

Sign in to follow this