🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Episode 230 — Fateful Findings: LIVE! (w/ Rob Huebel)

15 hours ago, E.Lerner said:

That's why June's line about women being harmed in the making of this movie rang so true to me. The sex scenes in The Room were also gross and self-serving, but there is a sinister aspect to Breen that I just don't pick up from Wiseau.       

Of for sure, Wiseau's sex scenes were basically narcissistic in that he's basically showing himself off, like if it was him just having sex with a pillow rather than Lisa, he would have been fine with that because people would still see his ass and hump technique. There's also a mix of naivety in Wiseau's as it appears he shot the scenes like that as he thought that's how scenes like that were shot by big film studios, like many other misconceptions he had about the movie making process. That's not to say there wasn't an aspect of perviness on Wiseau's part in having a sex scene with an attractive woman, but Breen's scenes have a very Weinstein feel to them with no irony in them.

• Like 2

Neil Breen is what you would get if you ordered Richard Gere from Wish.

breen gere.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quaam said:

Neil Breen is what you would get if you ordered Richard Gere from Wish.

breen gere.jpg

Or Timothy Hutton? 

MV5BMjMxMzc5MDcxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQy

( I might still be slightly obsessed with Leverage)

3 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

Or Timothy Hutton? 

Are you comparing them in terms of acting ability? 😁 Gotta side with Hutton here. 

Actually, any known celebrity is a better actor than Breen, that’s some sort of accomplishment, I guess.

4 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

Or Timothy Hutton? 

Seeing this was an unexpected delight. Like a flashback in an episode of Leverage.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RyanSz said:

Of for sure, Wiseau's sex scenes were basically narcissistic in that he's basically showing himself off, like if it was him just having sex with a pillow rather than Lisa, he would have been fine with that because people would still see his ass and hump technique. There's also a mix of naivety in Wiseau's as it appears he shot the scenes like that as he thought that's how scenes like that were shot by big film studios, like many other misconceptions he had about the movie making process. That's not to say there wasn't an aspect of perviness on Wiseau's part in having a sex scene with an attractive woman, but Breen's scenes have a very Weinstein feel to them with no irony in them.

Wiseau's scenes were also with an adult who the same age as whatever age he's pretending to be in that movie. Breen's weird scenes with the step-daughter are 1000% more sinister in terms of the underlying message he seems to be trying to get across. 

• Like 1

Very excited to hear on the mini that Neil is on board with the four dot ellipsis. When I was younger I was very upset that the Star Wars crawl always uses four dots. And lately I have read some articles trying to defend it (saying it is an ellipsis with a period after it, or it is a reference to serials Lucas watched that had four dots.)  Anyway, it seems clear that LucasFilm knows it is wrong now but they keep doing it because that is how it was done in New Hope. 

Breen should just say it’s Star Wars homage and never fix it. That’s how it’s done, bro. 

FOUR DOTS!

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 5:16 PM, GrahamS. said:

Are you comparing them in terms of acting ability? 😁 Gotta side with Hutton here. 

Actually, any known celebrity is a better actor than Breen, that’s some sort of accomplishment, I guess.

I mean... Maybe those celebrities run a conspiracy. Maybe Breen with his amazing mind and hacking is the only true non corrupt actor!!!

No but seriously he's like the misshapen vague dollar store version of Hutton if you kind  of squint. It's the hair and the need to monologue.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, theworstbuddhist said:

Seeing this was an unexpected delight. Like a flashback in an episode of Leverage.

Honestly Breen is like a character from the show. I could see Nate playing a version of Breen for a con or them conning Breen. Someone please I beg you write me ridiculous fan fic where this movie is the result of a con . I mean it's basically a con on viewers as is

I love movies that show someone's psychology. This does it for me. The Room,obviously. And I also think M Night might be somewhere on this spectrum. You can see someone has a lot of feelings to work through. It's more than a film. It's a document. It's art. 

June near the beginning was talking about being too harsh on herself about her body. As a fellow lady, I know that feel. I just wanted to say that I think June is gorgeous, and she is sporting basically my ideal body type for women. I'd hit it. #grosscompliments