🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 84 Preview (JammerLea’s Pick)

We should be back on schedule now. Apologies to anyone who watched Once (but it’s a really good movie so I hope you enjoyed it 🙂)

• Like 2

Oh! I wasn't ready! I have an idea of what I want to pick, but I need to uh, check on something first. If you can handle waiting a bit lol (I promise I will post it today!)

Btw, I was way behind *coughbecauseI'mlazycough* but I got the MM spreadsheet updated!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Oh! I wasn't ready! I have an idea of what I want to pick, but I need to uh, check on something first. If you can handle waiting a bit lol (I promise I will post it today!)

Btw, I was way behind *coughbecauseI'mlazycough* but I got the MM spreadsheet updated!

No problem, Jam! I look forward to your pick 😁

• Like 2

OKAY! Back with my pick! Decided to go with one that's been on my list for a while. Something that has been near and dear to my heart for a long time. 

So without further ado, I present to you:

Spoiler

yellowsub.jpeg

I've watched this movie so much I can recite a number of lines lol It's silly and full of dumb jokes, so I hope it will be enjoyable.

There's technically two versions of this film, but I think the one with the "Hey, Bulldog!" sequence, which should be the one that's more commonly available now. The original American version didn't include that sequence, just in case anyone comes across that one.

(I used to have a website on geocities dedicated to this movie back in 1999. I was a sad teenager lmao)

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

OKAY! Back with my pick! Decided to go with one that's been on my list for a while. Something that has been near and dear to my heart for a long time. 

Hide contents

yellowsub.jpeg

I've watched this movie so much I can recite a number of lines lol It's silly and full of dumb jokes, so I hope it will be enjoyable.

There's technically two versions of this film, but I think the one with the "Hey, Bulldog!" sequence, which should be the one that's more commonly available now. The original American version didn't include that sequence, just in case anyone comes across that one.

(I used to have a website on geocities dedicated to this movie back in 1999. I was a sad teenager lmao)

I’m down for anything Beatles 🥰

• Like 3

Just now, Cameron H. said:

I’m down for anything Beatles 🥰

Somehow I figured you would be lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JammerLea said:

Hide contents

yellowsub.jpeg

Yes. A Beatles movie was on my shortlist for my next turn but I hadn't thought of this one. Good pick.

• Like 4

I bought the Blu-Ray and should get it tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to a good Beatles-related movie after the AtU "debacle".

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 5:52 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

I bought the Blu-Ray and should get it tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to a good Beatles-related movie after the AtU "debacle".

What was the debacle you’re referring to?

1 hour ago, GrahamS. said:

What was the debacle you’re referring to?

Oh, this that’s, like, first rotation of Musical Monday’s drama - lol. Across the Universe was a...divisive film (good-naturedly so)

• Like 1
  • Hedgehog 1

25 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Oh, this that’s, like, first rotation of Musical Monday’s drama - lol. Across the Universe was a...divisive film (good-naturedly so)

Haha, I’ve never seen it.

A similar film that I can’t stomach based on previews (which I know is not fair) is Yesterday. Does not appeal to me and for a Danny Boyle film looks pretty bland.

31 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I don't know what you're talking about I clearly remember everyone just absolutely loving it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, taylor anne photo said:

I don't know what you're talking about I clearly remember everyone just absolutely loving it!

Do not force me to pick Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for Musical Mondays.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Do not force me to pick Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for Musical Mondays.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

On 1/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, grudlian. said:

This is the only Beatles movie I have not seen, and I'm still not sure I'm ready for it lol

But I totally own Yellow Sub, Help!, and A Hard Day's Night.

Also not a fan of AtU lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JammerLea said:

This is the only Beatles movie I have not seen, and I'm still not sure I'm ready for it lol

But I totally own Yellow Sub, Help!, and A Hard Day's Night.

Also not a fan of AtU lol

I’ve always been a big fan of AHDN and Help! Do you have Magical Mystery Tour? I’ve seen it once, long ago. 

Just now, Cameron H. said:

I’ve always been a big fan of AHDN and Help! Do you have Magical Mystery Tour? I’ve seen it once, long ago. 

Oh wait, that's what I was thinking of that I haven't seen alksjdf;ljao;wuhrfth (I am not feeling well, please excuse me) So no I have not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Oh wait, that's what I was thinking of that I haven't seen alksjdf;ljao;wuhrfth (I am not feeling well, please excuse me) So no I have not.

Get well soon!

giphy.gif

• Like 2