🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 230.5

Thanksgiving invites revoked, the 9 act structure of Hallmark, and more on this week’s double mini-sode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Fateful Findings & The Spirit of Christmas, and opens up the Mail Bag. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our tour dates over at www.hdtgm.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

• Like 1

High five, Cameron H, we both got told off by Paul this week, lol. Not that I disagree with him in my case.

The parenting advice reminded me of something that I would like to recommend to all new parents: a book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. My first wife and I received it from friends when we had my son and we followed its advice (which basically boils down to let your kid cry for a while, learn to self-soothe, etc) and it was very effective. As it turns out I am going to need it again myself later this year, I am happy to say that my wife and I are having our first child in July. We are very excited. I realized today that this kid could very well live to see the year 2100. Anyway, hopefully the gang will tour somewhere near us in 2021 so we can give our baby to Jason to hold. :)

I'm a little surprised that they picked next week's movie, though god knows it deserves it. It would be great if they could get Dana Carvey as the guest, I suspect he'd be into it. Or Norm MacDonald!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

High five, Cameron H, we both got told off by Paul this week, lol. Not that I disagree with him in my case.

I strenuously disagree in my case. He dismissed what I wrote as if it was something *I* was saying and not a direct quote from the movie. 

• Like 1

FYI, Master of Disguise is available for free on Hoopla, if your library offers that service.

What a waste of time it was to watch.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, FrancisRizzo3 said:

FYI, Master of Disguise is available for free on Hoopla, if your library offers that service.

What a waste of time it was to watch.

Thank you! Just listening to the trailer was painful. I really didn't want to spend any money on this.

Oof. Master of Disguise is horrible. And I’m a big Carvey fan. Opportunity Knocks and Clean Slate are a couple of guilty pleasures. 

• Like 1

I'd like someone to undertake a project where every film starring Dana Carvey is remade starring David Spade. And vice versa

20 hours ago, RyanHorn said:

Oof. Master of Disguise is horrible. And I’m a big Carvey fan. Opportunity Knocks and Clean Slate are a couple of guilty pleasures. 

I loved Opportunity Knocks as a kid. I still work in the "he says you're number one" joke in real life if flipping someone off ever comes up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

I loved Opportunity Knocks as a kid. I still work in the "he says you're number one" joke in real life if flipping someone off ever comes up.

This reminded me, Carvey did a great episode of Conan O'Brien's podcast Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend, and then came back on for a few more "deep dive" episodes. All much more fun to listen to than any moment of Master of Disguise.

Nicole Byer has some thoughts about Gemini Man (the multiple Will Smith movie) on "Best Friends" this week if you enjoy her on this podcast. 

• Like 1