🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Episode 231 — The Master of Disguise (Live from The Beacon Theatre)

13 hours ago, Johnnyunusual said:

Am I the only one distracted by the three theme songs of the film?  In order, they are (according to wikipedia): "M.A.S.T.E.R. pt 2" by Play, "Master of Disguise" by Vitamin C, and "M.A.S.T.E.R. Pt. 1" by Hardhedz.  Strangely, I thought it had more because it felt like there were quite a few montages (including the end credits, which seemed to be a deleted scenes dumping ground) in the film where at least one is played.  They all pretty much feel really similar in sound and in aggrandizing our hero so it took me a bit to realize there were different ones throughout.  Anyone else have any thoughts on the "theme" songs for the film?

Also worth noting: according to imdb, Dana Carvey made this because it was g-rated and he wanted to make something he could show his kids.  I wonder if he ever did?

Yes!!! I was confused why with all the Master of Disguise songs they went with the Fun for the opening song. The music seemed very odd and off putting. It was all over the place and didn't match the tone of the scenes a lot of times. They also replayed several songs with different people singing them. It was very disjointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 5:01 PM, gigi-tastic said:

Can you imagine being in a turtle suit processing 9/11? The mind reels

We could just ask B*tch McConnell.

If only his portrait was hung on the wall at the Turtle Club.  That joke alone would earn this film 5 stars. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in on the “magic art of disguise” that was talked about in the show. In one of the DVD’s deleted scenes you find out that the cuteness (Pistachio’s dog) was actually Pistachio’s grandfather in disguise for the whole movie!

This plot line was completely dropped except for a small scene after the credits are over when you see the cuteness say “no more dog food” in the grandfather’s voice! 

I would say that there is plenty of magic in turning yourself physically into a dog! A magic that’s only accessed through energico! 

• Like 3

I know I'm late bc the mini ep has already come out but I am compelled to note the thought that kept coming back to me while I listened. June kept saying there was no magic but also asking where the costumes came from, I say the magic is pulling the costumes out of thin air and the art is producing the right costume and mannerisms. As someone who grew up desperately wishing I was Sabrina the teenage witch, mainly for the ability to instantly change my outfit and appearance at any moment, the magic and art seem obvious to me.