🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 34 — The Adventures of Pluto Nash

If you love Star Wars and Spaceballs, you'll LOVE The Adventures of Pluto Nash. This intergalactic flop will leave you questioning Eddie Murphy's career choices, the future of civilization, and your own sanity. Our guests Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair are down to deconstruct the confusing costuming and cloning that left us all stunned. Watch it if you must, but don't say we didn't warn you.

Holy moly. The gang's confoundedness at the storyline is AMAZING. I love how the bulk of this episode is just everybody helping each other out to understand what it is they just watched, breaking the story down moon brick by moon brick.

Loved the A Hologram Should Have No Fear of Mortality by Philip K. Dick, "I Can Haz Sads," drawing parallels to Howard the Duck (future HDTGM nominee maybe?), the long awkward silence Jason got out of everybody (#clones), it's all about the Hillarys, the Levinson/Sonnenfeld conundrum, and OH MY GOD Jason's observation of where they could've shot this entire movie had me doubled-over in a giggle fit.

I gotta save the full podcasts for the end of the week. Wish I could chime in but Im waiting for FRI or SAT.

Anyone catch Pluto jumping over the earth?...What a broke-ass nursery rhyme concept.

The one clip of this movie on YouTube is when Rosario's chest and butt expand. That may be the only audience this film has.

• Like 1

Really good show guys.. my faith is restored.. you watched the movie and rambled your way through the non-plot making us smile and laugh.. good work. Excellent movie choice too.. new movie reviews limit your show as we have to pay to see it or rent it and more importantly there's no history to give context to the movie and enrich your commentary.

I realize when you get a guest in its polite to trade their time for free plugs.. but the last few (especially this one) seem like the guests are here for the plug and not the movie.. partly why I think your earlier episodes were so fun as it was all about the show and nothing else. Often in the UK interviewers get the guest to do the job first and then reward them with the plug at the end. When your running time gets shorter and more is taken up with adverts it kinda saps the fun.

But enough complaints.. super show, super movie.

Mark Nash (No relation)

Boy, if people didn't like the cross talk and off topic sections of the past few podcasts, they certainly will take issue with this one.....

I held my ground and didn't watch this movie! This episode was insanely confusing, but I'm not too certain that the movie isn't either.

Awesome show, it brought back fond memories of me actually seeing this in the theater. I worked as a projectionist, and part of my job was to watch the prints of the movies the night before they opened to make sure nothing was wrong with the print.

About an hour after I started it, my boss found me outside smoking a cigarette. He was amazed that it was over that quickly, at which point I had to inform him I actually walked out of the movie. Only the second time I had ever done that. And I was getting paid to do it this time.

Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

• Like 1

Another great show. And congratulations on setting the new record. A complete episode without using the word "Racist". I think the old record for farthest into an episode without saying the movie was racist was six minutes. So good work!

How come people keep calling Marissa Wompler Jessica St Clair? Is that a character Marissa the comedy death ray radio intern does?

• Like 1

I think the biggest lesson I took away from this episode is, "don't make a space movie with a character whose last name is Carter". Such endeavors seem to be doomed to failure.

• Like 1

I also have to comment and say that I went and watched Best Friends Forever after listening to this podcast. It's definitely better than I expected. The previews I saw looked weak, but they didn't really capture the show's identity. Lennon and Jessica's humor is definitely there, so I'd recommend the show if you like them. I'll be watching.

I usually read the wiki on movies I don't have access to/can't bear to see, so that I have some understanding going in. The wiki on this movie was so boring and confusing I couldn't get through more than two paragraphs.

This caused an intense emotional investment in all of the confusion, it made for a tense listen. I was really feeling Jessica and felt myself getting completely overwhelmed at one point.

But oh god I laughed so hard.

Jason has the amazing power to bring the podcast to a grinding halt. That silence had me laughing like crazy in the middle of class

I guess I was the only one who was entertained with this movie?!? I know, it was bad; but really, I swear they have recommended watching other movies that were WAAAY worse than this movie. I could be wrong, but I feel like they were much more positive towards Abduction; which was total SHIT! I guess to each his own is applicable here...Debunked?!?

I remember seeing a teaser trailer for "Titan A.E." in the summer of '99, probably before Star Wars or something, and I think all it was was a ship flying through space, accompanied by a voiceover. Couldn't tell if it was animated, live action, or what. Anyway, at the end of the trailer, I heard a guy in my theater say "THAT is going to be a great movie" pretty loudly, and without a hint of sarcasm, to whoever he was sitting with. It was then that I knew that I'd finally found the person that had actually paid to see "Wing Commander" earlier that same year.

My one complaint with the show is that they didn't talk about the fact that Randy Quaid-Bot was 63 YEARS OLD! WHY WOULD ANYONE INVENT ROBOTS THAT AGE? DEBUNKED!

But I think that's a testament to how completely, mind-shatteringly confusing this movie was. I loved that even when there were only 30 seconds left in the show the gang was STILL uncovering plot holes. They really captured the infuriating anger that results from watching this movie. And the guests were great. Love St. Claire.

Btw... I forgot to mention out of all the un-p.c. comments/moments of this show they failed to discuss the fact of the albino, crosseyed African American antagonist, Kelp (Victor Veranda). I mean, if your gonna make fun of black stereotypes and gay personas in movies past; you gotta talk about this talking Mon-ChiChi! In the words of the great Gob Bluth, "C'MON!"

I remember seeing a teaser trailer for "Titan A.E." in the summer of '99, probably before Star Wars or something, and I think all it was was a ship flying through space, accompanied by a voiceover. Couldn't tell if it was animated, live action, or what. Anyway, at the end of the trailer, I heard a guy in my theater say "THAT is going to be a great movie" pretty loudly, and without a hint of sarcasm, to whoever he was sitting with. It was then that I knew that I'd finally found the person that had actually paid to see "Wing Commander" earlier that same year.

I was a little boy when I saw the Titan AE trailer and what I saw was the earth blowing up. That image scared young me into thinking the world was going to end soon

That and just having seen Deep Impact made a young me very stressed out.

I love that Paul had to edit in the twitter names and rap-up at the end as a seperate voice over, because clearly nobody was going to shut up ever. Hee heeee

Sign in to follow this