🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Musical Mondays Week 86 Preview (SlidePocket's Pick)

You ever know whatever happened to the life of a mysterious glam rock megastar? Which is why my next pick for this series is...

Velvet Goldmine by Todd Haynes, and starring Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Ewan McGregor, Christian Bale and Toni Collette! 

• Like 6

I have this soundtrack on cd, it's awesome. It's been years since I watched the movie!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, SlidePocket said:

You ever know whatever happened to the life of a mysterious glam rock megastar? Which is why my next pick for this series is...

Velvet Goldmine by Todd Haynes, and starring Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Ewan McGregor, Christian Bale and Toni Collette! 

Awesome! I’ve always wanted to see this!

• Like 3

oh man this is enough to get me back on the MM train (sorry I've been away, I got a promotion at work and it got CRAZY)

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

oh man this is enough to get me back on the MM train (sorry I've been away, I got a promotion at work and it got CRAZY)

Sorry, I just skipped your pick 😬

Congrats on the promotion! I hope you can be around more often. Do you want me to add you to the end of the rotation? 

• Like 2

Don't be sorry! I haven't been around in forever and yes go ahead slot me back in please

• Like 2

I just read a synopsis on IMDB. We already watched Eddie and the Cruisers.

• Like 2

If anyone is interested in an imaginative, but more historically-based, telling of this era of David Bowie's life, then I cannot recommend highly enough this graphic novel by Steve Horton and Michael and Laura Allred. It functions really more as a biography of Ziggy Stardust than a fact-based study of Bowie, but I absolutely adore it.

81CkFLC2T1L.jpg

• Like 3