🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 232.5 — Minisode 232.5

Paul and Jason break down the Fast 9 trailer with a live reaction on this week’s mini-sode! Paul also offers advice as he opens up the Paul Help Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Adventures of Pinocchio, shares some deleted scenes from the last episode which continues the Drop Dead Fred debate, and opens up the Mail Bag. Plus, find out which movie will be covered next week!

This episode is brought to you by Zoro.com (www.zoro.com/bonkers).

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/
Check out our tour dates over at www.hdtgm.com!
Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter
@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

• Like 1

hey PAUL>

Bob Baker Marionette Theater MOVED TO HIGHLAND PARK.

it DIDN't CLOSE!!!!!!

HOW.

DARE.

YOU.

HOW

DARE>

YOUU

February calendar

also - Angelinos if you somehow HAVEN't gone to the Bob Baker Marionette Theater  ----- GOOOOOOOOOOOOO it. is. AMAZING

• Like 1
  • Hedgehog 1

HAHA.. ok, I'm laughing cuz I'm so confused right now.  I was gonna come on and say "oh no, caller 'stole' my comment"  (and WON!)...or at least, ya know, ALSO knew the same part of the story. Regardless, I was glad that the cricket dying by hammer was brought up in general. 

BUT THEN, Paul immediately reads my comment, and omits the part where I was referencing the fact he died by hammer in the original story. Which was kinda the whole point of the comment.  lol..."REJECTED"...oh man.  Not sure if that was selective editing or honest oversight.  Just wonder if I can take a small slice of the caller's nothing as I see myself out.

Part of my post not read:
"...one element of the source material that never got mentioned was that (in the source material)  when Pinocchio meets the talking cricket who warns him about being disobedient, Pinocchio throws a hammer at him and kills him."

Without that, it makes it sound like I think the cricket is a ghost for ghost sake...I was saying he's a ghost BECAUSE they were alluding to the source material and he got stepped on (rather than being hit by a hammer). 

ugh, now I just sound like an idiot.  [trumpet: wha whaa]

Also, glad he played the DDF confrontation that was edited out of the episode. It was a great part of the night.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, CaptainGeech said:

HAHA.. ok, I'm laughing cuz I'm so confused right now.  I was gonna come on and say "oh no, caller 'stole' my comment"  (and WON!)...or at least, ya know, ALSO knew the same part of the story. Regardless, I was glad that the cricket dying by hammer was brought up in general. 

BUT THEN, Paul immediately reads my comment, and omits the part where I was referencing the fact he died by hammer in the original story. Which was kinda the whole point of the comment.  lol..."REJECTED"...oh man.  Not sure if that was selective editing or honest oversight.  Just wonder if I can take a small slice of the caller's nothing as I see myself out.

"...one element of the source material that never got mentioned was that (in the source material)  when Pinocchio meets the talking cricket who warns him about being disobedient, Pinocchio throws a hammer at him and kills him."

Without that, it makes it sound like I think the cricket is a ghost for ghost sake...I was saying he's a ghost BECAUSE they were alluding to the source material and he got stepped on (rather than being hit by a hammer). 

Also, glad he played the DDF confrontation that was edited out of the episode. It was a great part of the night.

That sucks, but it definitely happens. He read one of my posts for that Jackie Chan/John Cusack movie and dismissed it as me not backing up what I was saying, but he neglected to read the second paragraph of my post which was exactly the research he was complaining I didn’t have.

More recently, he dismissed my Spirit of Christmas post saying I was just pulling shit out of my ass when I was directly quoting the movie. 🤪

It’s all in good fun though. If you come here regular (which hopefully you will), you experience all this little fumbles. It’s all good 🙂

• Like 4

Loved this episode until the end.  How dare Michael Bay II be Electric Boogaloo. I know it's an obvious pun but I don't support his cause and I hope the "you win" doesn't mean we have given in to this terrorist.

Also, how dare Paul insult my beloved SPACE JAM after spending an hour talking about F9. Is it a good movie? No, but it makes me happy. F&F isn't good either! Fight me! And I'm not around next week to defend it. I feel like this date was chosen to spite me.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, CaptainGeech said:

At least your comment wasn't read verbatim by a caller which has happened a couple times.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hedgehog 1

21 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

It’s all in good fun though. If you come here regular (which hopefully you will), you experience all this little fumbles. It’s all good 🙂

Totally Camera. I don't post much, but have followed each episode for a long time and check the boards.  Have definitely seen it happen before and have experience in the industry enough to know that edits happen in all sorts of ways.  
I was just shocked cuz after hearing the caller, I'm like "oh, that was my thought, guess he's not going to read mine", only to have it immediately read incorrectly..haha. 
Seriously still laughing about it. 
Just having a bit of fun of my own.  :) 

• Like 1

If my memory is correct, someone else pulls the comments for him to read. I know he's incredibly busy these days so I'm not sure how much he gets on the forums anymore (if you see this Paul - you're always welcome here with open arms). So, I believe that he is truly reacting to things he reads this way because he has no idea that entire things have been omitted. Can't explain how he could forget an entire quote from Spirit of Christmas tho 😜

Also found out today that he does receive gifs on his text app so I have in fact been sending him Family gifs throughout the day lol. This is my contribution to the greater good.

• Like 4
  • Hedgehog 1

8 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

Can't explain how he could forget an entire quote from Spirit of Christmas tho 😜

OMG! I don’t mean to dwell on it, but he literally read in the episode my words “The brother says ‘blah, blah, blah’” and then he turns it around and says, “I don’t even get where you’re getting this, Cameron? This is wrong what you’re saying.” I mean, I wasn’t advocating the philosophy of a dumb movie. I was just providing the in-universe answer to a question they had ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I happened to be listening to the episode with my wife which also kind of sucked. BTW, Paul is on her shit list 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, taylor anne photo said:

If my memory is correct, someone else pulls the comments for him to read. I know he's incredibly busy these days so I'm not sure how much he gets on the forums anymore (if you see this Paul - you're always welcome here with open arms). So, I believe that he is truly reacting to things he reads this way because he has no idea that entire things have been omitted.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt someone else is pulling from the forums and giving him the pertinent info that he reacts to on the spot. That's just how productions go generally.  

Maybe I should have use quotes, as in; "Paul" said... 

Really he's just there to take the blame ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor anne photo said:

If my memory is correct, someone else pulls the comments for him to read. I know he's incredibly busy these days so I'm not sure how much he gets on the forums anymore (if you see this Paul - you're always welcome here with open arms). So, I believe that he is truly reacting to things he reads this way because he has no idea that entire things have been omitted. Can't explain how he could forget an entire quote from Spirit of Christmas tho 😜

Also found out today that he does receive gifs on his text app so I have in fact been sending him Family gifs throughout the day lol. This is my contribution to the greater good.

I believe Paul has said someone pulls the comments and he then whittles it down further.

I assume whoever reads the boards is different from whoever pulls the phone calls but I don't think he's said. I feel very sorry for whoever screens the calls because we've heard some unbelievable calls. I can't imagine what doesn't make air. 

• Like 3

not to be that guy but John cena is driving a mustang, not a charger when they drive off the cliff. BTW, a transformer tie in has to happen at some point

45 minutes ago, ChrisinMs said:

not to be that guy but John cena is driving a mustang, not a charger when they drive off the cliff. BTW, a transformer tie in has to happen at some point

Not to be that guy but before, during and after the release of Fast 9 I will have this going through my head:

• Like 1

Oh shit! I didn’t realize I (co) won the C&O this week.

Uh...I take back everything I said above. Paul’s decisions are flawless. 😉

But, seriously, guys. “Lotty?” I’m not even that big of a Fast and Furious fan and I know that’s wrong—lol.

• Like 4

So I have the Trevorrow/Connolly draft of Episode IX, as Paul and Jason discussed on this ep. It's being passed around by all the assistants right now, and we're pretty sure it's the real deal. If you guys don't already have it, I'm happy to send it along (privately—I'm not comfortable attaching it publicly until it's fully out in the world). Let me know!

Paul, in the future will you please be mindful of you hitting the desk to emphasize your point? It's a great way to hammer something in I get that, but your mics pick up EVERYTHING and my ears are dying. Thank you, friend.

• Like 1