🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 153 — Jing It Or Ding It!

We're back again with more previously unreleased Comedy Bang Bang hilarity. This time first time guests Leo Allen and Will Forte remember some of their favorite rejected SNL pitches, discuss the tragedy of divorce, and try their hand at a brand new game: JING IT OR DING IT!

Finally some Will Forte! I met him at Sundance this year and naturally my first question was "Are you going to be on CBB soon?"

So glad this lost episode finally dropped!

It was a pretty low-key episode, but I don't think it warranted any sort of explanation at the outset. I enjoyed it! I'd love to hear Forte back on the show doing a proper character, though.

• Like 8

Actually liked Jing it or Ding it, but I think you need a third option, like spring it (a button that makes the boy-yoing noise) to confuse things further.

Dingle Bells, made me awkwardly laugh out loud at work

• Like 1

so i read this on the smash mouth website... that would you rather was incredibly accurate

Having long since established itself as the ultimate true-to-life California party-band the vibe surrounding Smash Mouth is indeed – at its core – about having fun. "when we play its a nonstop party" said the lead singer. haha

It was a pretty low-key episode, but I don't think it warranted any sort of explanation at the outset.

I don't understand why people keep saying things like this. Scott isn't making excuses for the quality of these two episodes. He is explaining why they were not posted after being recorded. I myself appreciate the set up, as it affords a rare opportunity to see how Earwolf and CBB are figuring things out right up until they start recording.

It's a testament to the quality of the program that these episodes Scott felt were scrambled together are still funny and enjoyable. Yes, Scott could've released them with no explanation and we would've all thought, "Oh. Another good episode." We all get that. But It is not, nor has it been the point of his stories at the top of the past two shows to 'disclaim them.' They're lost episodes. By their very nature, they are allotted an introduction describing the scenario in which they were never aired.

• Like 4

I don't understand why people keep saying things like this. Scott isn't making excuses for the quality of these two episodes. He is explaining why they were not posted after being recorded. I myself appreciate the set up, as it affords a rare opportunity to see how Earwolf and CBB are figuring things out right up until they start recording.

It's a testament to the quality of the program that these episodes Scott felt were scrambled together are still funny and enjoyable. Yes, Scott could've released them with no explanation and we would've all thought, "Oh. Another good episode." We all get that. But It is not, nor has it been the point of his stories at the top of the past two shows to 'disclaim them.' They're lost episodes. By their very nature, they are allotted an introduction describing the scenario in which they were never aired.

Wellllllllll, to be fair, somebody did go through the effort of sourcing two sets of bells and a theme song for the strangest nongame ever. That may have justified a little disclaimer.

(I do love that neither guest asked any questions about the game after, or wondered why it happened, or admitted it was strange in any way.)

• Like 2

**Before I write my post I just wanted to write a little intro to it so there is no confusion while reading it. I wrote this comment back in January and never posted it because I had already posted allot of comments on other message boards. I also felt that this comment didn't fit in with the usual scope of this particular message board. With all of this being said, I listened to this CBB episode and thought the comment worked well for this particular podcast. Maybe on a whole it doesn't make sense, but I think you should judge for yourself. With out further ado enjoy the following reply.**

I'm pretty sure we have all lived through listening to Smash Mouth's "All Star" in an endless loop, when in the late 90's radio stations played it 24 hours a day.

• Like 10

I think Jing it or Ding it should come back but with more options. Really, the more options the better.

Jing it, Ring it, Ding it, or Sing it?

If Smash Mouth's Days Like These isolated vocal track becomes your new jam, blame Will Forte for bringing it up on this episode. Anyway, for the curious CBB listeners, click here to listen to the track that Will was talking about. Warning: It's not quite as breathtaking as a

• Like 4

Yaay Will Forte! What a genuinely cool dude.

As a gigantic SNL nerd I live for behind the scenes stories, I'm really glad they were able to get into some of that.

tumblr_lzi1jdbfNW1qbdif3o10_r3_250.gif

• Like 1

I think Jing it or Ding it could be very funny if you made it a conversation game. That is, after explaining the game Scott-a-Bott would pretend to interview them as normal, but randomly exclaim "ring it!" or "ding it!" while talking, at which point the guests would frantically have to reach for their bells. It would create a lot of tension, and Scott could figure out some creative ways to fake out or work it in.

• Like 3

Having a second episode of CBB this week is quite a treat! I enjoyed Episode 153 with my morning coffee and

. Also:

• I had no idea that Comedy Central shitcanned Jon Benjamin Has A Van. My tears could fill a basin.
  • Leo's voice and cadence is at times eerily similar to that of the aforementioned Mr. Benjamin. I assume that working together caused their cycles to sync up?
  • I love when Scott gives first-time guests the full "Would You Rather" theme experience. You can always hear them transition from passive acceptance to confusion to stifled laughter. Assuming they shut the fuck up, as Scott demands.

• Like 6

Having a second episode of CBB this week is quite a treat! I enjoyed Episode 153 with my morning coffee and

Lest you forget the Some Oatmeal REMIX!

t was a nonstop Oatmeal party at CBB (you can briefly see me in a black/white shirt at :21).
  • Like 3

Aw, with a new bro-out episode, I was hoping for a return of one of my favorite segments from olden times, "How You Weigh?"

• Like 3

If Smash Mouth's Days Like These isolated vocal track becomes your new jam, blame Will Forte for bringing it up on this episode. Anyway, for the curious CBB listeners, click here to listen to the track that Will was talking about. Warning: It's not quite as breathtaking as a

That might be the first time Smash Mouth has been described as "not quite as breathtaking."

Does anyone remember an early Will Forte SNL skit where he was the singer of a new house band for a morning talk show? I need to track that down...

FINALLY! For maybe the first time in CBB history, the Would You Rather? theme song receives the respect it deserves!

• Like 8

This episode made me really want Jukebox Jury to comeback. I'm sure the bros would have good criticism on bad comedy songs.

• Like 2

Great bonus episode! Found myself laughing uncontrollable at Jing it or Ding it, hope to see that game stick around... the Jaws theme was just priceless.

• Like 2

JING IT OR DING IT = Insta-classic. (Also, was that really the first time no one interrupted the WYR theme song? Amazing.)

The whole second half was making me laugh so hard! But I was at work, so I was doing that thing where you silently hold in your laughs and look like a crazy person. Yeah. Kudos, CBB.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this