🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 59 - Judd Apatow

Writer/director/producer Judd Apatow does not feel hopeful about being Conan O’Brien’s friend.

Judd sits down with Conan to talk about using silence in their work, lifting up comedy stars like Seth Rogen and Pete Davidson, fashion tips from Jon Lovitz, reminiscing about eating, and comic rhythm. Plus, Conan and Sona dish on producer Matt Gourley in his absence.

Does CB know anything about history? T.E. Lawrence was killed when he crashed his Brough Superior SS100, not a Royal Enfield duh.

Conan needs a clue after this one.

Following some great recent interviews with the likes of Keegan-Michael Key and Charles Barkley, the podcast was bound to hit a bump. But Apatow? Try a little self-awareness, dude. You think your non-creative arts pals have little stress in their lives? Maybe they're just better at handling it. I've had jobs in both creative arts and the business world. Not any difference in the stress level. You don't think an entrepreneur wakes up in the middle of the night wondering "what if we just...?" And try being a teacher. How cute your stress is compared to theirs. 

Dear Conan,

The segment about picking up Cosby at the airport in your family's station wagon made me laugh so hard that I thought I was having a medical emergency. It felt like I had the wind knocked out of me, it gave me the hiccups, and I was still coughing trying to stabilize my breathing an hour later. (I promise, I'm not in bad shape.)

Can you please recreate that interaction in some-sort of animated short? It's so damn funny.

Best,

Chris from Cleveland

• Like 1

Conan- I want to correct you by mentioning that I indeed have always seen you as a "treat for the eyes". I remember staying up late as a girl just to swoon over you on my TV screen! 

- E

I would absolutely love to know what Matt, Sona, and Conan's enneagram numbers are. It might help explain how drawn Conan is to people-pleasing while still feeling anger at  happy-with-life David.  :-D Love the show, you are all so entertaining. And it breaks my heart that Judd doesn't feel self-esteem well up from within, his work has been a gift to so many. 

This is probably a waste of time, but if nothing else then it will help me to organize my feelings 

Even though it is free content it was still difficult to consume it. No offense. Lol. I have loved the episodes so far but this shiver-brain babble about managing stress and existential crisis was really embarassing.....especially coming from such " Great minds " as you gentlemen. This topic has come up on the regular lately, trying to paint a P.O.V. of " stars " as if normal people wouldn't understand it  by themselves, it is important to understand haters and where they are coming from but i often hear this repetative lesson of " I should not give a fuck what others think about me " which is entirely wrong....... you are supposed to care what someone else thinks. absolutely. but you have to DETACH who you are from that principle of caring...their thoughts and feelings do not define who you are. I am fairly young ( 26 ) and understand this by now ! so how come people twice my age still sit in that sorrow and self pity, it is beyond me ! Forget about being famous or not ! We all have stuff to deal with ! so what?! Move on, stick to entertaining, that is what we are here for,

PS; english is not my first language so i apologise for mistakes and for my long essay, It is really just meant to be contstructive criticism. I really do love Conan's work else i would not care to explain where i am coming from. 

PS2; Sona is Best girl :)

Sign in to follow this