🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 86 (Watch Out for Snakes’ Pick)

Hi all!! I know I've been away from the forums for a while. in fairness,  I adopted a puppy last fall so my movie watching has been interrupted by play and training. ;) (she's on Insta at @Frida_von_schmiegen). I"m excited to jump back in with something I just noticed is streaming on Netflix. I have some backups if we've done this one, but my pick is....

giphy.gif

Purple Rain!

ETA - Thanks Cameron for the heads-up that it was my turn ;) 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Hi all!! I know I've been away from the forums for a while. in fairness,  I adopted a puppy last fall so my movie watching has been interrupted by play and training. ;) (she's on Insta at @Frida_von_schmiegen). I"m excited to jump back in with something I just noticed is streaming on Netflix. I have some backups if we've done this one, but my pick is....

giphy.gif

Purple Rain!

I like it!  I remember seeing it in the theaters when it came out.  Took a date to it.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I went to a Prince tribute concert a few weeks back that was filmed for TV. It was pretty awesome, check the line-up

83234938_10162839627595273_5616347700107

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

giphy.gif

Purple Rain!

ETA - Thanks Cameron for the heads-up that it was my turn ;) 

Awesome pick! I have actually never seen this and nearly bought it couple months back.

Congrats on the puppy! I’m glad you’re back :) 

ETA: Frida is adorbs!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Guess this is my cue to sign back up with Netflix for a month or so.  There's a show I want to at least sample (GLOW - I have a crush on Betty Gilpin).

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Guess this is my cue to sign back up with Netflix for a month or so.  There's a show I want to at least sample (GLOW - I have a crush on Betty Gilpin).

WOW!  I got a free month with Netflix even though I'm a previous subscriber.  Very cool!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

WOW!  I got a free month with Netflix even though I'm a previous subscriber.  Very cool!

lKvgfEK.gif?noredirect

• Like 2
  • Hedgehog 1

29 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Definitely watch GLOW. 

This reminds me. I accidentally signed up for a month of Amazon Prime. What Prime originals should I watch this month before I cancel it? I obviously started with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I'm watching Fleabag already.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Definitely watch GLOW. 

This reminds me. I accidentally signed up for a month of Amazon Prime. What Prime originals should I watch this month before I cancel it? I obviously started with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I'm watching Fleabag already.

I loved The Boys once I finished the final episode of Season 1.

• Like 2

I was going to recommend The Boys as well, even though I haven’t finished the season yet. Also Homecoming—from the creator of Mr. Robot and based on an excellent podcast—is supposed to be good.

I’m looking forward to watching Purple Rain. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it, but I remember it being a good match of performer and material.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

I was going to recommend The Boys as well, even though I haven’t finished the season yet. Also Homecoming—from the creator of Mr. Robot and based on an excellent podcast—is supposed to be good.

I’m looking forward to watching Purple Rain. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it, but I remember it being a good match of performer and material.

It’s certainly not beyond criticism, 😂 but I’ll never tire of watching Prince perform. 😍 I rewatched it this weekend and it made me cry though I’m not a cryer. I just still am so sad he’s no longer with us. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

It’s certainly not beyond criticism, 😂 but I’ll never tire of watching Prince perform. 😍 I rewatched it this weekend and it made me cry though I’m not a cryer. I just still am so sad he’s no longer with us. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Awesome pick! I have actually never seen this and nearly bought it couple months back.

29054d5e-9cac-4a87-a436-721282291dc3_tex

Edited by Cinco DeNio
Replaced my text with a GIF
  • Like 4

On 2/18/2020 at 12:14 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

I like it!  I remember seeing it in the theaters when it came out.  Took a date to it.

giphy.gif

How did the date work out? Should I watch as a date or alone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

Great question 🙂

9 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

That is a great question.  If you can see it as a date do that.  I think it has more impact when you're seeing it with someone.  My date was uneventful (though I tried) but I still have fond memories of the event and the movie.  I will be seeing it as a date (if you can count my two cats as my dates).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

That is a great question.  If you can see it as a date do that.  I think it has more impact when you're seeing it with someone.  My date was uneventful (though I tried) but I still have fond memories of the event and the movie.  I will be seeing it as a date (if you can count my two cats as my dates).

Addendum: A little while later I was dating a lady.  We went to a Christmas party where we were the main attraction (for being a couple in a nerdy group, the group we met in).  I asked the DJ to play the second side of the Purple Rain album and he made it a spotlight dance so only we could dance.  That wasn't what I intended and we didn't make it through all the songs.

• Like 1