🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 90 — 36 Virgins

Folks, prepare yourselves! Prepare yourselves for an over-sized load of Sklarbro Country with special guests Jim Gaffigan and Colin Hay! Colin treats us to his amazing songs, delights us with his rock star stories, and cracks us up as he joins in on Quick Hits. Jim Gaffigan pulls out his college football history, tells the tale of a spectacularly bad corporate gig, and explains the preparation and planning that went into his new special Mr. Universe. Don't worry, we saved enough time for a phone call from Racist Vin Scully and a message from Mark Wahlberg. Now take that money Kris Humphries gave you and pick up Mr. Universe. Then tell everyone how great it is with a letter sent with Stamps.com!

• Like 1

Colin Hay, Jimmy Gaf! Thank you Sklarsaronious. Obviously like many other of your fans, I am an enormous WTF nerd as well and he's been pushing Stamps.com for awhile now. But I can honestly say that I was more affected by Colin singing "beautiful world" than almost all of the Maron tapes. Even for that reason alone to have him on and you all being just the best, funniest hosts out there, I did the absolute least I could do and signed up for Stamps.com using Sklar. When I get my digital scale I'll try to weigh your fans gratitude and send it to you all. Great job guys.

• Like 1

Wow...Huge gets on this one guys!. Jim Gaffigan is by far and away the funniest comedian out there today. Just infront of the Toronto Sklargonauts.

• Like 2

Woo Jim Gaffigan! I was introduced to him via the manatee bit on Dr. Katz back in the day. Always been a favorite and his interview was very satisfying. Stories about corporate gigs tickle me because of how universally horrible the task always seems to be.

Glad to hear reference and reverence for Brian Regan. His album is definitely what got me into standup comedy something fierce back in high school. I've seen him live several times and he's a blast, would love to hear him on pretty much any Earwolf podcast.

edit: oh god, "golden bishop"

I'm a huge fan of Jim Gaffigan and Colin Hay. I've seen both of them live, and they're always fantastic. Great lineup on this episode!

P.S. Any Sklar fans in the Philly area better head out and see Randy and Jason at Helium tonight or tomorrow. I was at last night's show, and it was a blast. Helium's a great space, and the Sklars, as well as the two openers, were fantastic!

• Like 1

This was an absolutely joy to listen to. I will of course buy anything Gaffigan. The man is one of the best out there now.

I am so happy I found this pic of the BG at one of his private parties with his Robot maid and friends, thought I would share:

fkxmhh.jpg

This was one of the best eps yet. Colin was simply amazing. I had no idea he had such a sharp sense of humor. Earwolf needs to give him a podcast. I thought the brothers were really on their game this week, great questions, great timing, and really rolling with the jokes especially with Colin. Just a perfect experience. Thank you guys.

I have loved Colin Hay's music for years but what a terrific guest. Great music, hilarious stories, wonderful humor. The way he blended into the program you'd think he's a regular on the show. Terrific stuff.

Loved the Yacht Rock shoutout. Ever thought of having JD Ryznar (Michael McDonald) as a guest?

Colin Hay was a great addition to the podcast. I'd be eager to listen any future appearances he might make on Sklarbro Country. The Jim Gaffigan interview was excellent as well; with the family and security vs. stand-up and passion discussion being especially interesting.

One digression: there were a couple oblique references to Men at Work's "Down Under," and I got the feeling it's probably a song that Colin Hay is sick to death of. While that is certainly an understandable sentiment, considering it's a 30 year old song that still (for better or for worse, deserved or not) defines the band's career, it's a fucking great song. It's something that puts a smile on my face every time I hear it, and how many people can say that? How many people have created something that has continued to make people happy for decades? Sure, it must be frustrating to have one thing be other people's reference point for a body of work you've spent a lifetime adding to, but it's nothing to shy away from. I'm not saying Colin Hay does shy away from it, as I don't know him like the Sklars do, I'm just talking in generalities, I guess.

Sign in to follow this