🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CMR1120

Clash of the Titans

Clash of the Titans would be perfect. It has all you can ask for in a bad movie: bad plot, cheesy script, lots of CGI, and even a dumb tagline: Titans Will Clash. It's terrible, but not in a depressing way. In fact, it's unintentionally hilarious sometimes. And of course there's a sequel now, which I hear is just as bad.

Not to mention an abomination to the memory of the fantastic original which is superior in every aspect.

Wrote this in my anger on RottenTomatoes:

A sad boring mess that fails on every aspect of storytelling that the original movie nailed. The effects are bland and Worthington's Perseus is a characterless moron who does nothing to deserve either his reputation nor the audiences sympathy when his epic tasks seemingly just fall into his lap with minimal effort.

The arrogance of Perseus to Bobo the Owl, the original films character, shows the contempt the creators have for their source. It's sad when a 20 year old movie's stop motion characters has more screentime and personalty than this.

As if that is not enough they spit on mythology with a rote ending that sees our hero hooking up with his own ancestor in a suggested incest. Genius!

I was just about to recommend this. For the acting alone it's worth talking about. And as CMR1120 said, it's worth doing just for the tag line; Clash of the Titans - Titans Will Clash. I'm sure the marketing dept. was pretty proud of that one...

I was just about to recommend this. For the acting alone it's worth talking about. And as CMR1120 said, it's worth doing just for the tag line; Clash of the Titans - Titans Will Clash. I'm sure the marketing dept. was pretty proud of that one...

Kind of off-topic, but this reminds me of a James Bond video game that was out a while back called "007: Agent Under Fire". One review basically said that with the 007 mention, the rest of the title was pretty redundant. It'd be like calling a racing game "NASCAR: Drivers Driving Fast".

• Like 1

So boring, so so boring.

My only takeaway was that there must be some default base model in whatever CGI programs artists are using these days, because that Kraken looked pretty much 80% like every other CGI monster in the last ten years.

Sam Worthington is sooooo boooooooring. I am not sure how he keeps getting roles. And honestly, this movie is so tedious I don't even know if it would make for a good episode.

Sign in to follow this