🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I have a soft spot in my heart for Josie because, unlike Spice Girls, it has some genuinely funny writing and performances. Also, Rachael Leigh Cook is super cute and Adam Duritz co-wrote most of the songs, which were very important factors for me in a pre-9/11 world.

That said, I would love to hear June's take on this movie.

• Like 1

I really do wish that Seth Green, Breckin Meyer, and Donald Faison would get together for the DuJour reunion at Comic Con that they have talked about doing during various Robot Chicken commentaries.

• Like 1

I have a soft spot in my heart for Josie because, unlike Spice Girls, it has some genuinely funny writing and performances.

tumblr_miytl7AXIt1qayu5no1_250.gif

• Like 1

THIS THREAD ALREADY EXISTS AND I'M STILL MAD AT ALL OF YOU

I just wanted to say we love you Shannon, and everything you do for us here and it doesn't go unnoticed. :)/>

• Like 1

Just watched this again, and agree its a pretty good movie. Pretty funny overall and I legitimately liked several of the songs.

What I didn't know about it was that it was in fact, a documentary. You see, not only is everything in Josie and the Pussycats real, it was really made by the real Illuminati...really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjaO0179io

What I particularly like about this internet video proclaiming the truth of how this exposes the Illuminati is how a.) its simply a beginning to end recap of the plot of the movie with "Oh by the way, this is all true." tacked onto the end with no support, and b.) his source is another internet video proclaiming the truth of how this exposes the Illuminati which is simply a beginning to end recap of the plot of the movie with "Oh by the way, this is all true." tacked onto the end with no support.

In summation, Josie and the Pussycats is the best movie ever! Join the army!

• Like 1

I'm just here to say that I'm happy Shannon exists and that I still have this entire soundtrack on my iphone.

tumblr_mt14hyhMQ31sh32bpo1_400.gif

• Like 1

I just saw the "Jem" trailer, and I immediately thought that it looked like a far too self-serious version of this. It was like "Josie and the Pussycats" with PTSD.

• Like 1

I just saw the "Jem" trailer, and I immediately thought that it looked like a far too self-serious version of this. It was like "Josie and the Pussycats" with PTSD.

Everybody says that "Jem" looks like a worse version of "Josie and the Pussycats," but I didn't really get that. I mean, it had the girl being plucked from obscurity, blowing up overnight and becoming distant from her friends, but those are just music-industry movie cliches. It's not like there was any brainwashing in the trailer for "Jem."

What I found interesting about the Jem movie was the initial poster made it look like this uber serious version of what is a very light cartoon.

PH07sXkeGh2d29_3_m.jpg

And the trailer shows that they have completely removed the fantasy element of the movie and made the movie like a regular rock biopic of a musician, which really doesn't make sense. At least with Josie they kept the peppy beat of the cartoon rather than try to do a Chris Nolan version of the story.

• Like 3

What I found interesting about the Jem movie was the initial poster made it look like this uber serious version of what is a very light cartoon.

PH07sXkeGh2d29_3_m.jpg

And the trailer shows that they have completely removed the fantasy element of the movie and made the movie like a regular rock biopic of a musician, which really doesn't make sense. At least with Josie they kept the peppy beat of the cartoon rather than try to do a Chris Nolan version of the story.

I'm afraid that we'll have to wait and see if the movie is at least moderately successful so that we can get the sequel "Jem and the Holograms: Retaliation", where we might finally see versions of the characters closer to what we remember from the cartoons. It's too bad though that most of the returning characters, including Jem, will be murdered in the first twenty minutes.

• Like 2

DuJour means staying on topic!

I'm just here to say that I'm happy Shannon exists and that I still have this entire soundtrack on my iphone.

tumblr_mt14hyhMQ31sh32bpo1_400.gif

I kinda have a question about the soundtrack, does it include the song which plays over the end credits? The more modernized cover of the original Josie and the Pussycats theme? Because I can't really find that by itself, only in videos of the end credits, and just searching for the theme gives me results for the old one.

DuJour means staying on topic!

I kinda have a question about the soundtrack, does it include the song which plays over the end credits? The more modernized cover of the original Josie and the Pussycats theme? Because I can't really find that by itself, only in videos of the end credits, and just searching for the theme gives me results for the old one.

That reminds me, I have a cover of it from Juliana Hatfield and maybe Tonya Donnely (?) that appeared on the "Saturday Morning's Greatest Hits" album that featured all sorts of cartoon theme songs by big alternative and hard rock from the time. Helmet doing "Gigantor", Sublime's "Hong Kong Fooey", and "Spider-Man" by The Ramones were some of the highlights.

Wonder if we could get a SheeRL of the TRL scenes from this movie.

• Like 1

Just watched this movie today and loved it all over again.

I still see it as a 5 star cheese fest but that's why I see it as a "bad" (sorry for saying that again but I don't know how else to describe it) it's a good bad that we all love. It's why Catwoman sits on my shelf right next to the fast and furious movies. I'll likely not return to either but on the shelf they sit until a friend calls a bad movie night. I'll J&TPC and be claimed a hero for the good (great?) bad that this movie is.

Yes it does! I'm surprised that you can't find it! For some reason I have the songs on my ipod but not all of them on my computer so if I can find my CD (that's right kids I still have the original CD) then I can figure out a way to send it!