🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I will admit that I love this movie.

The reason I think this movie would be a great show is because of all the product placement and bad music. I get that the whole story revolved around the over use of labels and branding, but the governemnt using to recruit? a music executive's over the top need for popularity? a crap boy band? please stop me if you've heard enough because I can keep going.

NO. YOU ARE VERY WRONG.

YOU HAVE OFFENDED ME GREATLY SIR.

• Like 2

and you didn't even spell Josie right?!

tumblr_m1vdbqxai71qb6hhso2_250.gif

...I'm not even going to correct it I'm so peeved.

Lol sorry Josie. I can't believe I did that. Probably more than once.

But as I said I do like this movie, when I'm in a bad mood it makes me feel better. I've watched more times then I care to admit

However it is a cheesy movie and let's not pretend this was a bad movie.

No. Dude it is not a bad movie.

It is a live action version of an Archie comic that never fails to understand exactly what it is. The plot is clever and funny and the cast is excellent.

Alan Cumming takes great offense to people saying this is a bad movie, BECAUSE IT'S NOT A BAD MOVIE.

• Like 2

Shannon is correct. J&TP is the best of all the things.

What's next? Centerstage is bad? Nope.

Can't you guys just pretend to be nice??? (get it, it's a song!)

• Like 1

tumblr_m04vyqws381qald8po1_500.png

tumblr_m1smx3nVzl1r1f7ddo4_250.gif

Yaaaaaaaay!

• Like 2

I feel sorry for Archie Comics and Dan DeCarlo mostly for having a fucking terrible movie made of their creation. While I adore Rachel Leigh Cook, who was a good Josie, and Rosario Dawson who's great, the rest of the cast is shameful....Tara Reid, Alan Cummings, Seth Green, Brekin Meyer... the hell?

While I won't win any love for the Mods here for this film, I'm going along with Lutheshow on this one... sucktastic.

Since when are Alan Cummings and Seth Green "shameful" ?

Shannon, could you talk to DubipR about doing my face? Remember in the "What?" video I established the

whaaaatface-o.gif

face? Well ever since I then, every time you see DubipR he's doing the

whaaaatface-o.gif

face and it's mine!

• Like 2

Since when are Alan Cummings and Seth Green "shameful" ?

'Shameful' as is in they're reduced to making drek like Josie. I love Seth, total nice guy. And Alan Cummings is great... I meant their talents were wasted making something this bad.

I'm outgunned on this one... but I'll stick to them

josie_and_the_pussycats.gif

Now just to be clear, I like this movie, it's like Crank 2. We love this kind of movies because they are bad. This is my bad mood movie. Always makes me feel better.

And the fact that I got it for $3 from the bottom of bin make it that much better.

I did like some of the casting but some were a bit suspect.

Ps hated Dujour, I skip most of the opening because of them.

I went through a painful, heartbreaking Seth Green/Breckin Meyer/Donald Faison phase for about 10 years (and also still now) thanks to Du Jour.

Still know all the words...

"Josie may not be a pure, perfect, or uncompromised film, but it is funny, clever, and sweet. Elfont and Kaplan delivered the edgiest live-action Josie And The Pussycats possible, but it’s still, you know, a live-action adaptation of a comic book designed to sell tickets and ancillary merchandise (like the presumably subliminal-message-free soundtrack) in addition to teaching young people to be more skeptical and cynical about the messages they’re bombarded with. Undoubtedly the single most ambitious, subversive, and satirical feature-film adaptation of an Archie comic, Josie And The Pussycats gives us a sly, sustained spoof of consumerism, infectious pop songs, and cute girls in tight pants. What’s not to like? " - Nathan Rabin, The A.V. Club

• Like 1

But I don't care if you claim to love it Lutheshow! You keep using the word "bad"!!

IT'S NOT A BAD MOVIE!! IT'S NOT!!

xc86yf.jpg

How could you?

• Like 1

I here and now retrack the statement of calling this movie bad.

After much soul searching and lengthy conversations with friends and peers, I realize that cheesy doesn't mean bad.

This movie was cheesy.

Ms. Shannon, I hope you can forgive me for this mix up and with luck my next recommendation will be met with your praise.

Yeah, I'm also in the camp of Josie and the Pussycats being criminally underrated. I don't think I love it as much as some people, but I think it's a cool movie. Also brilliant use of product placement.

I absolutely hated this film when I saw it as a kid...

BUT

it has actually gotten so much better with age. It's actually pretty good.

I will also defend this one. It knows what it's going for. It doesn't always pull it off, but it actually has a rather subversive message at the core.

For the record, I love this movie solely because my 13 year old self loves this movie. But would be absolutely hilarious to hear Paul, June and Jason review it!

"Puppies turn into dogs who grow old AND DIE!" - only thing I remember about this movie.

THIS THREAD ALREADY EXISTS AND I'M STILL MAD AT ALL OF YOU

• Like 3