đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cam Bert

Musical Mondays Week 87 Titanic: The Legend Goes On

My heart will go on and this movie will go on and on and on and on and on and on

This week we watched...

Titanic-The-Legend-Goes-On_poster_2.jpg

• Like 4

This is my Letterboxd review.  @Cam Bert added The Three Caballeros.

I've got an idea: Let's take the Disney movies Cinderella, 101 Dalmatians, and Oliver & Company, and throw in some Les Miserables for good measure. Now we just need a depressing storyline for this kids' movie. I know! Titanic was such a huge hit let's use that!

• Like 5

Not even sure where to start on this. So, I'll just start at the beginning.

The music in the opening is very strange sounding. It sounds like parts of it are being played backward. This kind of reversed music played under a lot of the movie. It would have been so much better without any music because the backward sounding music was kind of unsettling. 

• Like 7

I don’t know about you, but I enjoy graffiti that randomly mentions a music genre— which would be a non sequitur if not for it being anachronistically performed at that very instant.

49640173707_42b3db418e_b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I literally cannot believe that this movie ends with a “Hey, the movie’s not over yet...” That is fucking bonkers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Cameron H. said:

I literally cannot believe that this movie ends with a “Hey, the movie’s not over yet...” That is fucking bonkers!

Not just that but they only mention people that survived!  What if I wanted to know what happened to Molly, for example?

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but there is another animated Titanic movie from a year earlier called Legend Of The Titanic.

Is this a mockbuster of a mockbuster? This has to be a first.

Just now, Cameron H. said:

This has to be a budget thing, right?

• Like 3

I'm REALLY interested to hear how gigi-tastic first found out about this movie.

y1a1qtjzz6xg.gif

• Like 4

This movie motivated me to clean my apartment while it was playing in the background! Thanks, movie! I usually procrastinate on stuff like that, but for 70 minutes, you changed my ways!

• Like 5

So my big question was did they give this movie to like three different animation studios so they could get it out faster? There are so many different styles and quality of animation. You have the cartoony people, the more realistic people and then the animals. There is no consistent style for any of them or any reason. If you were to tell me they took two separate movies about the cruise ships and tied them together by doing their own in house animated sequences I would 100% believe you.

• Like 5

Something has been driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure there's another movie about a notable event told from an animal's perspective. It's not American Tail or The Star. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did I imagine this?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Something has been driving me crazy. I'm pretty sure there's another movie about a notable event told from an animal's perspective. It's not American Tail or The Star. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did I imagine this?

'Twas the Night Before Christmas was told from the mouse family's perspective.

• Like 3

Did anyone else think the old woman on this ruined them of Granny from the Looney Tunes cartoons?

When she gave the main woman her dress to wear, she said something about being thinner in her younger days, but she's a foot shorter too. There's no way this dress should fit.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

'Twas the Night Before Christmas was told from the mouse family's perspective.

This might be it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I haven't seen the movie but wasn't War Horse supposed to be told from the horse's perspective, talking about World War I events?  I thought I remembered seeing articles about famous people performing the horse role during its various stage runs.

• Like 2

Did anyone else think it was a weird choice that they essentially made William Angelica’s brother? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Did anyone else think it was a weird choice that they essentially made William Angelica’s brother? 

I'd forgotten about that but absolutely!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I'd forgotten about that but absolutely!

giphy.gif

They don’t even talk about it! Her mother just says, “I raised him the way I wish I had raised you” and no one is like, “Wait! What?”

• Like 2

I'm literally just sitting here cackling actually petting a white fluffy cat like a Bond villain. 

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I'm REALLY interested to hear how gigi-tastic first found out about this movie.

y1a1qtjzz6xg.gif

I saw it on a date with a girl and her roommate, and her roommate's boyfriend last year. We watched this and Fateful Findings while drinking Moscow Mules and eating pizza . It was great. Cats were also involved. Honestly  perfect date. Lure me in with promises of cats , bad movies anand pizza and I'm yours. Sadly she moved to Japan and we lost touch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Not just that but they only mention people that survived!  What if I wanted to know what happened to Molly, for example?

She's dead? I think she went down with the ship?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

They don’t even talk about it! Her mother just says, “I raised him the way I wish I had raised you” and no one is like, “Wait! What?”

WHO KEEPS THEIR NANNY INTO ADULTHOOD?! What does that say about William ? Like yeah she raised you but think how weird that would be. She isn't his housekeeper. She's just his like mom figure he pays?  William is fleeing English society because they find him creepy.

• Like 4

We need to talk about how Angelica looks like she's on fucking heroin or something they entire film even when the boat is sinking. Bitch don't give a fuck because she is lost in the sauce. Or has a severe disorder. Like if course she's into the creep with a laundry fetish. She's too stoned to understand he's weird. 

• Like 4

Molly s essentially naked by the standard of the time and the film. Like even the rest of the female characters are wearing somewhat old timey clothes and she's out here in a strappy number that is literally falling off her. Like she's waking around in a slip essentially. 

• Like 3