🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 21.5 — Bonus Cut: Letters from Camp

In an effort to keep the podcast tight, some scenes are left on the cutting room floor. Rather than banish them to obscurity, we're releasing them as improv4humans bonus cuts! Today's scene features Amanda Sitko, Joe Wengert, Andy Daly, and Matt Besser as we look back at Matt's childhood indiscretions at summer camp. Come back on Thursday for another full episode of improv4humans!

Wow, awesome. In my extremely uniformed opinion, these three are excellent improvisers. So happy to have more from them!

I thought this segment was still worthy of being aired, but I kind of like the idea of releasing some edited pieces as bonus content, because then I have a little extra improv4humans to last me until the next regular episode.

P.S. I was a lifelong summer camp kid. I should have known this shit was going down while all of us girls were just telling stories and making jewelry.

• Like 3

gotta love bonus material! anything with andy daly is my favorite everyone was great!

I thought this segment was still worthy of being aired, but I kind of like the idea of releasing some edited pieces as bonus content, because then I have a little extra improv4humans to last me until the next regular episode.

Yeah, I was going to say pretty much the same thing. I like the idea of occasional bonus content.

Nice surprise. I'm always up for darker and nastier stuff, a longer show, or bonus material.

BONUS MATERIAL is a great idea. Makes Thursday mornings seem not as far away each week.

Also, I'd like to just comment on how genius it was for Besser to mirror Andy Daly's "What? What? What? What? What?" a minute later with "Now, what? Hey now. What? Hey now. What?"

This was a lineup of pros. Thanks for another great episode.

• Like 3

For second when I saw this was up I said to myself "Damn, it's Thursday already?"

But yeah this great and I always appreciate extra content.

Also visualizing a shriveled balls necklace is just so gross

Bonus material = titty-sprinkles.

There's never enough Improv4humans to satiate me.

Joe Wengert's delivery is always on the mark. He is genius.

• Like 1

I think that yes, this was definitely worthy of being in an episode. I found it entertaining enough to where I didn't notice it's length. Plus it had a lot of solid, funny material that would have been fun to hear callbacks to throughout the episode.

That said, I agree with everyone else that it is pretty cool to have "bonus" material that might showcase longer, or more out there material. I enjoyed this, thanks Besser and all the performers.

WHAT'S IN THE BUCKET? WHAT'S IN THE BUCKET?

Awesome bonus morsel, thanks!

The first part of the letter (where he talks about someone raiding the cabin) sounds like the inspiration for one of the classic UCB show sketches where someone drinks all the bug juice and the camp councilors inflict pain on themselves until someone confesses.

Anyone else notice this? Or maybe Matt can confirm this?

• Like 1

That was indeed the story that inspired the bug juice scene. I talk about it more in depth on Pete Holmes podcast "You Made It Weird".

• Like 3

Wonderful. Anything you or Andy touch is an instant classic. I wish you guys were Highlanders that were comfortable with there being more than one.

Great to have this bonus material. Thanks for releasing it, especially as this is becomming my favorite podcast. "What's in the Bucket" is now indelibly stamped on my brain forever.

I listened to the bonus material before the actual episode, so when they got to the improv about the baby genes I realized that "that's why we had a girl was to avoid this!" "Yes, I remember we were given the choice going into the second trimester" was a callback and I laughed extra hard to myself.

Matt, please feel free to post any and all deleted sketches... we clearly can't get enough.

That was alright. It was kinda slow and more strange than funny so yeah I can see why you'd decide to take it out.

Sign in to follow this