Jump to content
SlidePocket

Episode 235 — Underworld: Blood Wars LIVE!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

But he generally asks their opinions on the phone calls, which is what he’s saying he wants.

I also think it’s weird since I feel like it would be far easier for him to pull up Earwolf on his laptop/phone/whatever rather than dealing with phone calls and trying to mix them into the ep. Like, “I can’t look at the forums because I’m not in studio.” LOL

But, like I said, it’s not like Blood Wars lit up the forum. It’s not a big deal. We’re barely at two pages and it’s mainly us saying that the other movies (or I, Frankenstein) would have been better picks and Scott Speedman/Stapp conspiracy theories. 😉

As you know @taylor anne photo and I have been rooting for Queen of the Damned to finally get it's due and take it's rightful place in the HGTM Pantheon.   Apparently Averly has deemed it not HGTM material according to Paul. I disagree and think that it would be much better than this film. I'm not sure if it's because of Aaliyah's untimely death or if she truly doesn't understand the joy of it's silliness. I think we would have had at *least* two pages on the fashions alone. But I digress. I personally just don't understand why they picked the 5th movie in a series where there's some pretty serious backstory involved. It's hard to talk about a film if you can't understand the context. I honestly don't know if it's even fair to mock some of the stuff because while it's a bonkers film I feel like some of the bonkers stuff would make sense if we knew the backstory. I get that the films and the stories they tell might be dumb but in the context of those stories they make a kind of sense.  So It does feel kind of weird that we are dissecting this when we have no understanding of the world or background of this series. Yes this film should be accessible to people, and again this movie is bonkers, but a part of me does wonder if we had covered say movie number one or another self contained movie like I, Frankenstein (or my beloved QotD)  would we have a better discussion about the movie and understand it more? Is it fair to go after this movie for things we don't understand when it clearly has a complex worldbuilding and story arc over movies?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

As you know @taylor anne photo and I have been rooting for Queen of the Damned to finally get it's due and take it's rightful place in the HGTM Pantheon.   Apparently Averly has deemed it not HGTM material according to Paul. I disagree and think that it would be much better than this film. I'm not sure if it's because of Aaliyah's untimely death or if she truly doesn't understand the joy of it's silliness. I think we would have had at *least* two pages on the fashions alone. But I digress. I personally just don't understand why they picked the 5th movie in a series where there's some pretty serious backstory involved. It's hard to talk about a film if you can't understand the context. I honestly don't know if it's even fair to mock some of the stuff because while it's a bonkers film I feel like some of the bonkers stuff would make sense if we knew the backstory. I get that the films and the stories they tell might be dumb but in the context of those stories they make a kind of sense.  So It does feel kind of weird that we are dissecting this when we have no understanding of the world or background of this series. Yes this film should be accessible to people, and again this movie is bonkers, but a part of me does wonder if we had covered say movie number one or another self contained movie like I, Frankenstein (or my beloved QotD)  would we have a better discussion about the movie and understand it more? Is it fair to go after this movie for things we don't understand when it clearly has a complex worldbuilding and story arc over movies?

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen it, but totally QotD over this. The score is by freakin’ Korn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

But, like I said, it’s not like Blood Wars lit up the forum. It’s not a big deal. We’re barely at two pages and it’s mainly us saying that the other movies (or I, Frankenstein) would have been better picks and Scott Speedman/Stapp conspiracy theories. 😉

It's also because there's not much left to correct/offer after the show--  I thought it was funny, lively, and covered pretty much everything crazy about it. Not much more to do but laugh and nod in appreciation.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DannytheWall said:

It's also because there's not much left to correct/offer after the show--  I thought it was funny, lively, and covered pretty much everything crazy about it. Not much more to do but laugh and nod in appreciation.    

Oh, the episode was good. But, yeah, not a lot of meat on the bones beyond what was mentioned on the show.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×