🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 88 Preview (theworstbuddhist's Pick)

This is quite the build-up! As long as it’s not another crappy cartoon! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ha, shit, sorry everybody, didn't even realize it was my turn and uh anyway have we done Head? The Monkees movie? If not, that's my pick. Apparently you can watch it on the youtube.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Ha, shit, sorry everybody, didn't even realize it was my turn and uh anyway have we done Head? The Monkees movie? If not, that's my pick. Apparently you can watch it on the youtube.

Cool, I was going to pick that at some point 🙂

• Like 3

hey I noticed that the Unspooled FB group was using Kast to have a watch party for this week's movie. I know you guys looked into it a few months back, but has anyone tried it recently? is it better? if we're self isolating, it'd be fun to watch some stuff with you all

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

hey I noticed that the Unspooled FB group was using Kast to have a watch party for this week's movie. I know you guys looked into it a few months back, but has anyone tried it recently? is it better? if we're self isolating, it'd be fun to watch some stuff with you all

I just looked at it the other day, but I didn’t do anything with it. I’ve been meaning to though, I swear.

• Like 2

I think I’ve mentioned this before but I’ll repeat myself: I’ve created a playlist on Spotify that now holds the majority of my music collection, from the 1960s up until now. It’s approximately 275 hours long. It spans a lot of different music genres. I like to put it on random.

i Didn’t edit my tastes—there are some artists that people will probably offensive, but there are hours of stuff that is not (just press skip!).Classic rock, hip hop, R &B, grunge and more...it’s all in there. Good for coronavirus binge listening. I can’t post the link here, but for those who have Spotify and are interested, the Playlist is called The Big 40 and is by justanotherwriter—us (that’s me!).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

This is quite the build-up! As long as it’s not another crappy cartoon! 

Haha I just saw this because I skimmed the thread earlier but I was so close to suggesting Rock & Rule.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Haha I just saw this because I skimmed the thread earlier but I was so close to suggesting Rock & Rule.

I've never seen Rock & Rule OR Head and they are both on my to-watch list. I look forward to discovering either film, but since we are doing Head, that is the one I shall view! Nice!

• Like 3

On 3/16/2020 at 9:48 PM, theworstbuddhist said:

I’m glad you put Head in bold and italics. Otherwise I would say no.

• Like 1

I’m back in the hospital for a few days. Got a new infection (NOT coronavirus) my left foot and the oral antibiotics weren’t helping. Getting doses of IV antibiotics. I don’t expect this to be a long-term stay. Just enough to cure the infection. I will, though, be working from home when I get out.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I’m back in the hospital for a few days. Got a new infection (NOT coronavirus) my left foot and the oral antibiotics weren’t helping. Getting doses of IV antibiotics. I don’t expect this to be a long-term stay. Just enough to cure the infection. I will, though, be working from home when I get out.

Get well soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, Cameron H. said:

I just looked at it the other day, but I didn’t do anything with it. I’ve been meaning to though, I swear.

I will check it out if I get out of here in time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Here’s the link with the opening credits.

"VHS Quality" would be a good name for a Monkees album.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

"VHS Quality" would be a good name for a Monkees album.

I saw a link for a documentary labeled "From The Monkees to Head".  Not sure how to take that.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Best wishes! Hope you get better soon!

On 3/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, AlmostAGhost said:

Tried Kast earlier tonight with my friend and the video kept stopping so we gave up.  I dunno if it's affected by the increased demand during the pandemic.

• Sad 2

Thanks everyone!  I got sprung today (thanks to the Rita Hayworth poster and my tunneling).  I have to wear an IV pump for 6 weeks to deliver antibiotics to my PICC line 3 times a day.  That's going to be a major pain.

• Like 4