🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RPete2088

Jennifer's Body (2009)

I don't know how this masterpiece hasn't already been suggested. An attempted Megan Fox vehicle in which she uses her sexual prowess to eat unsuspecting high school boys. I mean, come on. Featuring such lines as, "you're so jello you're lime green jello" and "How are you going to get alcohol? I'll play Hello Titty with the bartender." This movie needs to be watched by Paul and the gang.

Lines like that are why I think people were idiots for liking "Juno" and giving Diablo Cody any kind of a career in the movies. If you have to try that hard to write dialogue, you're not a good writer.

Lets face it you can give Shakespeare to Fox and it would come out passionless and cliche... but all the same this movie was dire and you can only imagine the finished dialogue was probably more about what she stammered out on the day than what was written.

When it comes down to it the movie was just a visual wankfest for 13 year olds, who somehow don't have access to the internet, so dialogue was of least importance.

I'm going to dissent and say I really liked this. Yes, Megan Fox isn't exactly going to teach a master class in acting any time soon, but she actually carries this pretty well. And given Horror's typically male slant, I enjoyed seeing it skewed the other direction.

• Like 1

I'm kinda siding with Sean on this, although I think the film is mostly mediocre. There's certainly better horror films with female protagonists or feminist angles (

, Ginger Snaps, May, Anatomy Of Hell, etc). Megan Fox is perfectly fine and Amanda Seyfried's eyes take up much of the screen, but some of the dialogue is truly awful. Diablo Cody's trademark witticisms are just plain silly sometimes and are distracting from the movie itself.

Cody's recent directorial debut

looks terribly unremarkable, although I'm happy for anything that pays Nick Offerman's bills.
  • Like 2

Diablo Cody's writing, while tolerable in some situations, makes me think that she had to have THE worst dirty talk back when she was a stripper. I mean, you've got some poor dude just wanting to get off, but there she is trying to tell him what she'd do to him, and she's just confusing the poor bastard with some crazy made-up slang, just totally killing his boner. Mmmmm, I'd still let her tie me up with a hamburger phone ANY day though...

• Like 1

I'm kinda siding with Sean on this, although I think the film is mostly mediocre. There's certainly better horror films with female protagonists or feminist angles (

, Ginger Snaps, May, Anatomy Of Hell, etc). Megan Fox is perfectly fine and Amanda Seyfried's eyes take up much of the screen, but some of the dialogue is truly awful. Diablo Cody's trademark witticisms are just plain silly sometimes and are distracting from the movie itself.

Cody's recent directorial debut

looks terribly unremarkable, although I'm happy for anything that pays Nick Offerman's bills.

I can definitely tolerate Cody's admittedly oft goofy dialog better than I can tolerate pointless gore (which is all Teeth was to me - I think there was an interesting idea there but I never felt like they knew what to do with it). But Horror is not really my genre.

Sign in to follow this