🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
theworstbuddhist

Episode 235.5 — Prequel to Episode 236

26 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I mean, if things are good, that’s great! No one should feel guilty or anything. We need our personal wins. I’m glad things are going well for you 🙂

I don't feel guilty exactly. I've been on the opposite side where my life has been shitty and friends' lives are going great. It hasn't bummed me out to hear their good news but I still feel kind of awkward when I'm on the good end of it.

• Like 2

Taking it day by day. My dad may/may not be sick but he seems to gradually improving from where he was last week, which is good. I’m Watching plenty of movie/tv, playing videogames, listening to podcasts/music.

should be reading more but don’t seem to have the attention span for it right now.I’m working into it.

Honestly, I’m not a die-hard stoner, but I’ve smoked up a fair amount.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Things have been weirdly good for me and it feels strange talking about it since I know a few people who lost their jobs and a coworker's cousin has Covid-19. So, I'm kind of like "maybe don't say anything."

I‘m down for any happy news.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

Taking it day by day. My dad may/may not be sick but he seems to gradually improving from where he was last week, which is good.

Glad to hear it. I hope he continues to improve 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomspanks said:

vhqpun5.jpg

To quote a joke i saw on Twitter, today is Day.

I'm doing pretty well, got my books, my music and my pods, my plants and my fish, some very dumb text chains going on, couple of drive runs to my mom to bring her food and stuff for her crafts ( and to help with my sanity ), BUT i may be going back to work tomorrow? My country is on a National emergency shutdown until the 3rd of April ( at least ), but our HR hasn't said anything else since they were forced to close because an entire section of my company told them they wouldn't go back decided to close out of " respect for the workforce " 2 weeks ago, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Omaxem said:

To quote a joke i saw on Twitter, today is Day.

I'm doing pretty well, got my books, my music and my pods, my plants and my fish, some very dumb text chains going on, couple of drive runs to my mom to bring her food and stuff for her crafts ( and to help with my sanity ), BUT i may be going back to work tomorrow? My country is on a National emergency shutdown until the 3rd of April ( at least ), but our HR hasn't said anything else since they were forced to close because an entire section of my company told them they wouldn't go back decided to close out of " respect for the workforce " 2 weeks ago, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad to hear you’re doing okay and taking care of your mother. Hopefully, your employer will come to their senses 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomspanks said:

I‘m down for any happy news.

It's not that anything especially amazing has happened but just a bunch of little things. I was able to refinance my house when mortgage rates were seriously low, get money out and buy a brand new car cash. Plus my job is 'essential' and we've been working stupidly long hours. So my next couple paychecks will be really big. The CFO said in an offhand way he might double our bonus. So, financially things are really good right now. I actually go into work (but self quarantining otherwise) so I'm not stuck at home for weeks going crazy in isolation. So, my biggest complaint right now is that a concert I really wanted to go to is probably never happening.

But I know a bunch of people who don't have jobs anymore or are, at best, in limbo because I worked in the movie theater industry for nearly 20 years. And with unemployment so high, I know places where they could easily transition to (like the service industry) aren't hiring either. I doubt many, if any, can go months without any income. So, it feels weird to be like "yeah, things are pretty good right now".

• Like 2