🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GrahamS.

Vote for next week’s quarantine movie of the week!

I will post my thoughts about Unforgettable later, because honestly, I’m still slogging my way through re-watching it. It is bonkers, but ugh.

i am trying to make this more interactive, so this week I’ve chosen Netflix as the streaming service and made a list of suggestions for viewing. People can (hopefully) find something to vote for on the list or add their own suggestions. I don’t care if the movie is “good” or “bad,” just looking for something fun to watch. 

Based on the number of responses (If there are responses) and/or votes, I’ll announce the official movie of the week by midday Friday. We can plan on having watched the movie by Tuesday (?). Again, open to suggestions on the date.

Here’s my list. Some of these films are good, some are junk that is fun to poke fun at, some have been covered on HDTGM. This list is in no way comprehensive.

if I was to make an official, “serious” pick, it would be The Wicker Man (original 70s version). That film is a trip. If you liked Midsommar, this film is worth checking out.

Here’s the rest:

Bad Boys

spider Man 3(HDTGM episode)

Goldeneye

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom the Crystal Skull

Bad Boys 2

Wild Wild West (HDTGM episode)

Ghostrider

Popeye

Jupiter Ascending(I believe this is an HDTGM episode)

Tomorrow Never Dies

Tremors

Free Fire

Charlie’s Angels 

Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle

John Carter

Godzilla (HDTGM episode)

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

(OR The Life of Brian)

• Like 1

I mean... I love dogs and knowing bees sense royalty? But I also feel a very strong respect for two of what I feel are the top sapphic films of the 00's along with Bring It On and Cruel Intentions. Honestly every wlw I know who grew up in the late 90's early 2000's was very into Charlie's Angels, Bring It On, and Cruel Intentions. Oh and the Craft but that was,a separate thing.  And then again... I literally own converse with the words Ni on them. This is very hard and very cruel. 

• Like 1

Jupiter Ascending is a HDTGM ep ( i googled it; #112 ), but i'd be down to seeing it again. I have a LOT of thoughts on Eddie Redmayne. I've also never seen John Carter ( of Mars ), and one of my favorite science pods The Common Descent Podcast just did a mini ep on Tremors, so, those three get my vote. Bees, Martians or Graboids.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:15 PM, gigi-tastic said:

I mean... I love dogs and knowing bees sense royalty? But I also feel a very strong respect for two of what I feel are the top sapphic films of the 00's along with Bring It On and Cruel Intentions. Honestly every wlw I know who grew up in the late 90's early 2000's was very into Charlie's Angels, Bring It On, and Cruel Intentions. Oh and the Craft but that was,a separate thing.  And then again... I literally own converse with the words Ni on them. This is very hard and very cruel. 

I haven’t seen Jupiter Ascending, so are your opening references to that? Haven’t seen Charlie’s Angels either, or the Craft (which is on Netflix as well) .

we can pick more than one movie. We can have runners-up. I just want to have one that everyone has watched by next Tuesday.

how about everyone (who wants to) make two suggestions and then we choose from those? This quarantine doesn’t seem to be going anywhere so I’m planning on keeping this theme going. If no one votes for anything else/makes definite picks, I’ll choose a couple for Tuesday in order for structure, but I don’t NEED to choose them every week.

For this week, here are my votes: The 1970s The Wicker Man and The Craft. Both on Netflix. But if people want to swap those out, great!

7 minutes ago, Omaxem said:

Jupiter Ascending is a HDTGM ep ( i googled it; #112 ), but i'd be down to seeing it again. I have a LOT of thoughts on Eddie Redmayne. I've also never seen John Carter ( of Mars ), and one of my favorite science pods The Common Descent Podcast just did a mini ep on Tremors, so, those three get my vote. Bees, Martians or Graboids.

Ok, our list thus far (meaning that people other than me have mentioned these choices);

Charlie’s Angels 1 and/or 2

The Craft

Jupiter Ascending

John Carter

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Tremors

The Wicker Man

Like I said, I’m happy to watch more than one movie, but we should find at LEAST one that appeals to all of us. So far, that MIGHT be Jupiter Ascending (but I’m also happy to watch John Carter and/or Tremors in addition to that).

I’m going to say the official deadline for adding choices/voting is tomorrow, April 3rd by 6 PM, PST (that sounds official)!

if you want to add more choices after that point, great, but consider saving them for the following week.

Sign in to follow this