🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

3rd Annual(?) Howdies

On 4/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, Cameron H. said:

Best Audience Correction and Omission

Nomination for a best audience question. Body of Evidence Live. 1:11 minutes in. “Confusingly large.”

also which episode was “Ladies if the 80s” first discussed, that had to be a spin-off nomination.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Nomination for a best audience question. Body of Evidence Live. 1:11 minutes in. “Confusingly large.”

also which episode was “Ladies if the 80s” first discussed, that had to be a spin-off nomination.

For sure! (on both counts) I'm not sure where "Ladies of the Eighties" came from...

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 7:10 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Oh! Oh! What about Best Use of Google

-- Naked Ken doll from Mannequin 2

-- Alyssa Milano Pants from Double Dragon

-- Scientific Research from the Secret

I had another one that I now forgot. 

ETA: Country Bear Parts from the Country Bears

I would like to add to my own fake category. “does Mario Lopez shave his chest?” From “Holiday in Handcuffs. 36 minutes in. 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 9:53 AM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Love the Sheer pun. Well done, 

will nominate “Paul I a taking off my earphones” (Little Italy, I think?) and the addendum to “The Secret” for June not having it, 

eta: I tried to put this quote in the previous post but I fucked it up. Sorry for the double post.

I wish Paul would start a podcast called How Did We Get Scheer. The premise would be simple: Paul sits down with a guest who is given a one-sentence description of Paul's past exploits and the remainder of the show is the show is the guest asking follow-up questions as Paul's story unfolds. Paul F. Thompkins would be the first guest interviewer.

• Like 2

Another How Did We Get Sheer nomination 

the ghost in his hallway, “The Spirit of Christmas” 31 minutes about 50 seconds in. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Another How Did We Get Sheer nomination 

the ghost in his hallway, “The Spirit of Christmas” 31 minutes about 50 seconds in. 

Ooh! That’s a GREAT one!

• Like 1

How could I have forgotten it the first time around?? 

I feel bad that I am mostly coming up with those and not the categories Paul posted. LOL. 

• Like 1

“Alyssa Milano pants” happens a little before the 60 min mark for “Double Dragon.”

what episode is is the faberge egg talk with Jessica St. Clair? That’s got to be best tangent, right? 

Another idea: have Marcus Lemonis on and pitch him AirBuds. 

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

what episode is is the faberge egg talk with Jessica St. Clair? That’s got to be best tangent, right? 

Johnny Mnemonic?

ETA: Wait! I feel like it was Freejack...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Johnny Mnemonic?

ETA: Wait! I feel like it was Freejack...

Freejack

The discussion starts at 41:48

• Thanks 2

Okay, here are a few items from Episode 137 The Avengers that I thought were worth pulling:

• "Best Thing June is Truly Upset by" -- Short Men (16:43)
  • This might be a threefer. I'm not sure if it should go under "Antagonizing the Crowd," "Best Audience Question," or "Best Host Theory," but starting at 55:31, an audience member gets really into the fact that there are lines of coke in front of Uma in one of the scenes. This eventually leads June to posit that those lines might be Uma's "scientific molecules and stuff."
  • At 1:05:28, there is the wedding proposal from the guy from the TMNT episode. Not sure what category that fall under. "Memorable Moments," maybe?

Again, I have a couple more things that might be worth adding if we need extra stuff for categories, but those felt like the big moments in the episode.

In the Little Italy episode. June's not having it moment is at 15 minutes, 30 seconds in about. 

Gish and Gertz is also in this episode. I don't know what to nominate that for. Spinoff? 

If anyone wants to do a supercut, I would suggest  all the times "I can talk about [X] for [one hour, the whole podcast, forever, etc]." 

• Like 2

I am impressed by all the hard work coming up with categories here!

• Like 3

Best Use of Google “The Country Bears” 32 minutes in, begins with “I would love to have one if these County Bear heads in the Wall...”

Best Tangent, “The Country Bears” 1 hour 11 min in, “Will frosted tips come back?” and discussion of 90s style. 

question about the best second opinion category. I think there is a very funny bit here about Friday Night Family Night in these second opinions, but the opinion itself isn’t that funny. Would that count? Or are we looking more for really weird second opinions?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Best Use of Google “The Country Bears” 32 minutes in, begins with “I would love to have one if these County Bear heads in the Wall...”

Best Tangent, “The Country Bears” 1 hour 11 min in, “Will frosted tips come back?” and discussion of 90s style. 

question about the best second opinion category. I think there is a very funny bit here about Friday Night Family Night in these second opinions, but the opinion itself isn’t that funny. Would that count? Or are we looking more for really weird second opinions?

Personally, I think that sounds like maybe more of a tangent? I think the nominee for 2nd Opinions should go to the question asker for asking a really good, funny, or weird question.

I am going to nominate “Hobbs and Shaw: Live” for best second opinions song because it makes me laugh when she keeps going even though Paul thought she was done. 1 hour 20 minutes in. Singer is named Stacey. 

• Like 1

Nomination for Best One Liner (?) - Paul Scheer, “My Stepmother is an Alien”, “Put her in a bra.”

• Like 2

I may have dreamed up a new category last night. What do you guys think?

Best Paul Aggressively Mispronunciation

1. Ron Silva from “Timecop” (time code needed, was this also “balcony monsters?”)
  2. Louise Guzman from “Teen Witch” (time code needed)
  3. Snake Plisten from “Escape from LA” (time code needed)
  4. oh fuck I had another

eta: Vanilla Frog from “Simply Irresistible”? (It was fog as we established in the mini.)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I may have dreamed up a new category last night. What do you guys think?

Best Paul Aggressively Mispronunciation

1. Ron Silva from “Timecop” (time code needed, was this also “balcony monsters?”)
  2. Louise Guzman from “Teen Witch” (time code needed)
  3. Snake Plisten from “Escape from LA” (time code needed)
  4. oh fuck I had another

eta: Vanilla Frog from “Simply Irresistible”? (It was fog as we established in the mini.)

He also had a lot of trouble with “Rowdy” Roddy Piper in Hell Comes to Frogtown.

I think that’s a great category 😀

• Like 2

I’m listening to the Simply Irresistible ep* and they had a pretty good run regarding fashion in the movie. Do we or should we have a Fashion Talk category? It feels like it comes up pretty often.

19 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I’m listening to the Simply Irresistible ep* and they had a pretty good run regarding fashion in the movie. Do we or should we have a Fashion Talk category? It feels like it comes up pretty often.

Yes! Then the Country Bears talk can go in there too instead of tangent, and tangent can be reserved for truly bizarre stories. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, Cameron H. said:

Best Moment of Realization (Think Rudy from Reindeer Games moment)

“Space Jam”, 27 minutes in. We are living in a post-Monstars victory. 

How Did We Get Sheer

”Space Jam, 1 hr 10 min. Tasmanian Devil college dorm

• Like 1

What about a “Hosts attack a City or Country” category?

Im thinking when they go off in Canada in Little Italy or when Paul attacks Philadelphia in the Mannequin 2 ep.

• Like 1

From Ep 139 Simple Irresistible:

• "Best Impression by Host" or possibly "Grossest Sex Talk" -- 7:14 (Jason says  he wants the actress to "get in his bed," but Paul thinks he's about to say "get in my belly" which starts a bunch of Fat Bastard impressions.
  • "Best Realization" (maybe?) -- 15:30 (They talk about who/what the crab is supposed to be.)
  • "Best Fashion Talk" -- 23:55 (Paul brings up a chef's "costume")
  • "Best Realization" -- 48:56 (This is the "Vanilla Frog" discussion. It's really funny, but as @Elektra Boogaloo points out, it was a typo that was corrected in the mini so maybe it doesn't count...)

• Like 1