đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

3rd Annual(?) Howdies

From Ep 140 Mannequin 2: On the Move

• "Best Moment of a Host Attacking a City and/or Country" -- 10:07 (Paul's merciless attack on Philadelphia)
  • "Best Guest Laugh" -- 45:58 (Steve Agee)
  • I would say this is either "Best Use of Google" or "Best Tangent" -- 53:08 the gang Googles "Ken doll genitalia" this eventually leads to the classic "Where does the butt start?" moment at 55:42
  • Best (In-Studio) 2nd Opinion Theme -- 1:07:34
  • "Best New Movie Pitch" -- 1:16:23 (Malequin 3 starring Zac Efron, Kim Cattrall, Kristy Swanson, and Holly Hunter) 

On 4/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, Cameron H. said:

What about a “Hosts attack a City or Country” category?

Im thinking when they go off in Canada in Little Italy or when Paul attacks Philadelphia in the Mannequin 2 ep.

I like this idea. Gonna probably have to talk about “The Covenant” and the mA geography battle. 

I have another nomination. Best second opinion song at live episode. “The Great Wall,” second song beginning at 1 hour, six minutes in. “Circle of Life” parody sung by Fiona. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:
On 4/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, Cameron H. said:

I like this idea. Gonna probably have to talk about “The Covenant” and the mA geography battle. 

Unfortunately, The Covenant is episode 131 and just missed the cut off. Good memory, though :) 

Damnit, well there was definitely a Boston live episode where Jason mocked them. Gotta find that on then. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 6:56 PM, Cameron H. said:

For sure! (on both counts) I'm not sure where "Ladies of the Eighties" came from...

Wasn't that from Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot? Need to 3x check. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pscudese said:

Wasn't that from Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot? Need to 3x check. 

Could be..? I thought it was more recent than that, but I could be wrong.

From Ep 141 The Shadow

• Grossest Sex Talk--4:43 Jason wants to fuck a Billboard of a Llama
  • Best Host Theory (Maybe?) --39:17 Paul keeps insisting that the building in the movie is invisible, while everyone else tries to explain that it just appears invisible due to hypnosis.
  • Best Live Audience Qustion-- 1:02:11 Killian The Shadow is actually Peter Pan
  • "Best Live Audience Question" or "Best Use of Google" or "Best Moment of Realization" -- 1:07:34 David brings up that the knife in The Shadow is the same knife in The Golden Child, they Google to confirm
  • Like 1

Wow we gotta put these nominations in one post. 

For “The Secret” the “scientific research” (already nominated for the best use of google) moment is about 16 minutes in. 

I would also like to add a June is Not Having it nomination for this one. About 1 hour 12 minutes in she just keeps saying “no” to Jason’s setup of the film. “I have said no to this.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Wow we gotta put these nominations in one post. 

I was going to edit them into the first post once we got them all. Should I be doing that as we go along?

17 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I was going to edit them into the first post once we got them all. Should I be doing that as we go along?

Oh okay! I was just thinking, “Poor Codi. This is too long.”

23 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Oh okay! I was just thinking, “Poor Codi. This is too long.”

Yeah, that would be no fun. However, I figured it would be more annoying to be constantly updating after every update.

6 hours ago, OneBigTesty said:

Can I suggest a category called Jason’s best “Wait what??” moments 

I like it :) 

6 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Where is the Paul pretends to be Oprah nominations? Is that somewhere else?

I’m not sure I’m familiar with this one.

A couple of nominees for the Paul's childhood stories category:

• Talking about dancing in the movie theater as a kid and his mom's second wedding song (Second Sight)
  • His my buddy doll/adopting a cabbage patch doll (I *think* it was Striptease)
  • His grandma telling him the story about the butcher and the camping story (Pinnochio)
  • His mom buying him Tasmanian devil decorations for his dorm (Space Jam)
  • And of course...trying to french kiss his mom after watching an episode of the Love Boat (Jaws 3D)

Another possible category would be Paul & June at home stories:

• Their fight over a backpack June bought Paul (Jaws 3D)
  • Paul getting locked out of his house and having to sleep in his car (Blues Brothers 2000)
  • June being annoyed by the sound machine in their home (Shanghai Surprise)

• Like 2

Best Movie Trope that Nobody Actually Does:

Splashing water on the face

Brushing teeth without spitting the toothpaste back into the sink

Talking into the mirror at yourself

Etc..

I don't know what the cut off for the most recent episode is, but Megaforce has a great Paul's childhood stories. His first audition discussion starts ar 1:06:30

3 hours ago, grudlian. said:

I don't know what the cut off for the most recent episode is, but Megaforce has a great Paul's childhood stories. His first audition discussion starts ar 1:06:30

235 Great Wall

• Like 1

Personally, one of my favorite Episodes is #212: Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2

A. They have tons of shit-talking about Canada because Seth Rogan is a guest,

B. At least two  funny one-liners from Rogen. The most outrageous/tasteless is after one of Mary Lou’s victims is killed by strangling and then the ghost throws her out a window and it’s confusingly ruled a suicide (32:40)

Seth Rogen: “because she was pregnant, she had to kill herself twice.”

Everyone’s shocked reaction—particularly Charlize Theron’s—is priceless, with Jason jumping right in after.

11:09 Jason: Listen, we all know Canadian dads love to tongue-kiss their dAughters.

Canadian bashing continues....

Seth: it’s called a Saskatchewan goodnight.

C. June’s ignorance of smoke bombs is hilariously mocked (18:18 onward)

there’s just lots of funny stuff in this episode!

• Like 1

Ep 142 The Phantom

• Best Story from Paul's Past--6:06 Paul's story of trying to ingratiate himself to his girlfriend's father through the Phantom and Dalmations.
  • Best Audience Explanation Hope--1:02:55 Knitting Girl returns with a present for Paul and June and an extra large scarf for Jason's dick. (She was previously in Ep 136 Hell Comes to Frogtown @ 4:11)
  • Best 2nd Opinion--1:28:53 A long post about how The Phantom helped the reviewer stand up to bullies.
  • Best Guest Laugh--Ed Brubaker
  • Like 2

Best mini episode song:

-June had a Sexual Awakening 

-Tall John Scheer 

-Ladies of the 80s

• Like 1

Has Best Actor Nickname/Paul Name Gaffe (e.g., Stellar Skateboard or actor/activist Ron “Silva”) been done?

BTW, I had a momentary brain fart when I saw Best Abuse of a Guest and thought it was referring to the audience question segment, which in turn reminded me of the Jason of Our Group (Hell Comes to Frog Town ep I believe). That guy was part of a circle of good friends my girlfriend of 12+ years (so, I’ve heard every story she has to tell ad nauseum) growing up and she always told me stories about what a spaz (more specifically, the awkward kid type who compensates by being excessively gross/lewd. When he got up and said his name I thought no way and then groaned when he uttered his famous line.

Anyway, my Stitcher auto play recently played an old minisode I had never heard in which Paul said he ran into him at a restaurant and he flagged him down to excuse his appearance due to his being “shit-faced.” I’m betting he somehow contrived running into Paul. His family is very wealthy, he doesn’t really work (so, has a lot of free time) and a lot of friends in the biz (who might know where Paul eats often). 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:47 AM, Cameron H. said:

Another possible category would be Paul & June at home stories:

Also enjoyed:

*The Quest: Paul’s lack of flexibility (I died laughing over that discussion)

*Action Jackson: Paul talking about how June had it was spiders not ninjas that burst through the windows and then saying it was due to the TV being so far away and Paul says, “what are you talking about? It’s a huge TV at the foot of our bed. 

Best Business or Film Script Idea

(e.g., Jason’s restaurant with 10-foot high tables, lifeguard chairs for seats and waiters on stilts (The Quest) or the 80s Aerobic Classes)

On 5/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, OneBigTesty said:

Can I suggest a category called Jason’s best “Wait what??” moments 

Ooh. The Harry and Meghan movie had a good one of these when he finds out Katherine Heigl is on SUITS. It’s 1:01:30 or thereabouts. 

Also love the June slam about the audience members’ accent. Would love a “June Slam” category if anyone can think of more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1