🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 90 Hair

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I don’t mind the title so much. I think the Berger voluntarily cutting off his hair for Claude, especially when he was so adamant he would never cut his hair earlier in the film, is effective—if facile— narrative shorthand. 

Yea, that narrative part is fine, but to be the actual point they elevate to title status? Seems very minor to me. 

• Like 1

I am interested in watching this, but because time really has lost most of its relevant meaning I flaked out. As an assistant in a special ed class, I’m very lucky to still be getting paid by the district right now but am in the very head-fucky space of (a) being on call for possibly working with students online (b) knowing that most of the students are not capable of working online because they have significant impairments or no internet connection (c) not knowing what the hell I would do what them if I got them online (d) no one else seems to know how to handle being online with them if it were to happen (e) pretty infrequent communication about what any expectations are (except for a weekly staff meetings on Microsoft Teams and occasional special ed meetings). Honestly, I would rather someone just literally said “we don’t have shit for you to do. If there is, we’ll tell you a week in advance so you can mentally prepare yourself.”

also, I’ve been in the district for thirteen years, so I will PROBABLY have a job next year (again, I know I’m very lucky) but I don’t know that for sure or at what school or when school is going to even happen and what that’s going to look like. Basically things are so up in the air right now I feel like I’m tethered to a space station while floating in outer space. Although I guess there wouldn’t be air there so scratch that.

Sorry, I know this is all off topic but this is what happens when I wake up a little before 3am, try to go back to sleep for half an hour, then say “fuck it,” pick up my phone, go to this forum and spew whatever’s flying through my head.

To quote Lloyd Bridges from Airplane:

• Like 4

Just want to add that the school I work for is doing all it can in every way. This is not a critique of my co-workers and admin—who are all awesome and working very hard—it’s just a portrait of my headspace at this point during rona. 

• Like 3

Speaking of hair, I haven’t had a haircut in forever.

OK, I will stop now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

Speaking of hair, I haven’t had a haircut in forever.

OK, I will stop now.

But are you proud of not having a haircut?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I felt like adding, I hate that it's called Hair. It has nothing to do with anything. I know the relation between hippies and hair, let it flow, but it's such a stupid reference point for the film. Also it's just another aspect that makes me assume they're mocking the hippies. 

How many of the songs could have been more interesting titles? Age of Aquarius

The subtitle of the stage musical is "An American Tribal-Love Rock Musical".  That is somewhat more descriptive since it focused on the Hippie tribe but doesn't help much for the movie.

• Like 2

Today (April 26th) is Giancarlo Esposito's 62nd birthday.  He has 179 IMDB credits to his name as an actor or voice talent.  He was in School Daze and Do the Right Thing (that we discussed here) and I remember him in The Usual Suspects (as the detective who "interrogates" the Hungarian burn victim).  I never saw Breaking Bad.

• Like 2