🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

"In the frozen beauty of Finland, local reindeer herders race against the clock to capture an ancient evil: Santa Claus. A single dad and his son are caught up in the chaos as scientists dig for artifacts. What they find endangers the entire village."

Those damn Russians went and screwed over the Finish again. Digging up the long (and rightfully) entombed Santa Clause and threatening to unleash his long list of horrors on all the bad children he can get his hands on, which just happens to be all of them. Can they out maneuver the horde of elderly, naked "elves" and destroy Santa before it's too late?!

And I have to add, this movie is really well made. It has the production value of a major studio film and a really good cast. The lead actor is only about 9 years old and you couldn't want a more likable main character. It really harkens back to those eighties movies with coarse little boys (The Goonies, ect.). Except they live on the Finish Tundra and their dads seem to think raiding Russian scientific encampments (armed) and holding mortally injured, exposed old men wrapped in a tarp for ransom isn't a terribly serious moral transgression. I actually really enjoyed this movie, but as the movie goes on the unbelievable bits mount and the effect is absolutely accumulative. In the last 15-20 minutes I went from "Okay, that's a little bit out there." to "WHHHAAAAATTT?!?!?" I'm absolutely watching this film again. Loved it.

(On Netflix streaming)

This movie is like Hobo With a Shotgun in that it embraces what it is and goes balls-to-the-walls NUTS with it.* Sooo... it's great. I think that it might be divisive, what with all the child endangerment and old man nudity (around children), so it could make a good episode. I love it though.

*(Those two testicle metaphors in a row were totally necessary).

I have so wanted to watch this movie for a loooong time. I must pull my finger out and get to it.

This would make for a great episode, it's a weird but enjoyable movie. Whether one considers it a good film or not, you can't deny that the Zouks reacting to hordes of dirty naked old men would be HDTGM gold.

I can see them doing this episode in the vein of the Fast movies and Crank. I really liked this movie and was surprised it didn't make a bigger splash in the US, I mean even the trust Wikipedia page only has the briefest summary of what the movie entails. The idea of the naked old men looking like our idea of Santa and that we were just WAY off was a great twist, and the main kid in the movie was fantastic. This along with Troll Hunter would make for interesting episodes as both were fairly low budget but made the most of it and had fantastic performances from their lead actors, while at the same time being absolutely crazy in a good way.

Sign in to follow this