🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 91 Preview (tomspanks's Pick)

It's that time again!  Since we did Hair last week don't pick Bald this time.  Otherwise, have fun!  What do you have for us?

mac-miller-quote-sometimes-its-hard-to-p

• Like 3

That's your pick? I mean, we could all discuss that right now today it's so short.

I say, feel free to pick something longer as well for next week (if you want to)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Do we have to watch it at 7:35 in the morning?

Claro que si

46 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

That's your pick? I mean, we could all discuss that right now today it's so short.

I say, feel free to pick something longer as well for next week (if you want to)

Ok, I picked a longer movie, but don't hate me if I can't finish it by next Monday 😣

Hello Again - available on Amazon Prime

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Claro que si

Ok, I picked a longer movie, but don't hate me if I can't finish it by next Monday 😣

Hide contents

Oh, good.  I was afraid we were doing the Shelley Long comedy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Claro que si

Hide contents

This is, of course, a Musical dedicated to the discography of one Neil Diamond, is it not?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

This is, of course, a Musical dedicated to the discography of one Neil Diamond, is it not?

I think to Lionel Richie's big clay head

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Can you spare a few minutes?  We're watching: https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2010/12/29/735-in-the-morning/

Wow! I'm actually a big fan of this guy and it was really neat seeing where he started! He writes and directs his stuff but didn't know he acts and sings as well.

If you're interested he did a more entertaining version of Primer called Timecrimes which if you love time travel, thrillers,  and slobby Spanish men is the movie for you. He also made a movie called Open Windows years before Unfriended and Searching which takes place entirely through computer windows. It's between those two movies in terms of quality but is definitely interesting. He also a few years back did the Anne Hathaway movie Colossal which again very unique. If you're a horror junkie he did some of the best stuff for the V/H/S and ABCs of Death movies. He's a guy to keep your eyes on because even when his movies are so-so they are unique and trying things.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Claro que si

Hide contents

Is Ryan Murphy somehow involved with this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

If you're interested he did a more entertaining version of Primer called Timecrimes which if you love time travel, thrillers,  and slobby Spanish men is the movie for you. 

I'm only into 2 of those things.

Anyhoo, I've wanted to watch Timerimes but it's never on sale 😕

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I thought you liked thrillers...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Anyhoo, I've wanted to watch Timerimes but it's never on sale 😕

Here's a DVD with both the original and a shorter chronological version.  According to several reviewers it's better but I can't say.

https://www.amazon.com/Timecrimes-Bonus-Alternate-Version-Included/dp/B00BA39P9I

• Like 1

I'm SO sorry!  I watched 7:35 in the Morning at 8:09 this morning.  I'll do penance.

EminentPoliticalFalcon-size_restricted.g

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Here's a DVD with both the original and a shorter chronological version.  According to several reviewers it's better but I can't say.

https://www.amazon.com/Timecrimes-Bonus-Alternate-Version-Included/dp/B00BA39P9I

Now I kind of want to get this DVD because I'm curious what version I watched. It wasn't linear but I'm not sure how you'd make it more linear the way everything happens.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Now I kind of want to get this DVD because I'm curious what version I watched. It wasn't linear but I'm not sure how you'd make it more linear the way everything happens.

It's the kind of thing I have theories on but don't want to say at risk of spoiling the movie. Besides kinda like the version of Memento that puts it in linear order it's only really interesting if you've seen the movie. Watch the firs time that way would take a lot away.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 9:19 AM, tomspanks said:

Can you spare a few minutes?  We're watching: https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2010/12/29/735-in-the-morning/

That was fucking awesome! Nacho Vigdaloo certainly likes making films with stalkers in them. Other than Timecrimes, Colossal is on Hulu. I don’t know if I love that movie, but it’s definitely unique.

I did really like his episode of Into the Dark—also on Hulu—called Pooka! About a man who has a very odd relationship to a child’s toy. Very trippy, fucked up and funny.

he also made a thriller with Elijah Wood called Open Windows that was bad. I don’t remember if it was HDTGM-level, but I know it didn’t work.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 11:14 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

Oh, good.  I was afraid we were doing the Shelley Long comedy.

Haha! I VAGUELY remember that movie. I actually went to see that in the theater when I was  a kid, but I’d watch anything that I could get into and wasn’t very discerning. Hello Again, Raising Arizona, Spaceballs, Police Academy 4...all hits (I use that term loosely) from 1987 that I saw in 1987 at the age of twelve.

sixth grade SUCKED, basically, so I took any escapism I could get. Although Raising Arizona remains one of my all-time favorite Coen brothers movies.

I haven't seen Sing Street so I won't view this but I'll donate.  Neat to see technology allowing people all over the place to still join together.

https://singstreet.com/

Header_Desktop-stories.png

• Like 1

OK, time to make everyone mad at me.  After watching 7:35 in the Morning, play the song  I Hope that Somethin' Better Comes Along from The Muppet Movie in your head.  To me that song sounds awfully similar to the main actor's verses. (Not for plagiarism or anything, just similar tunes.)

• Like 1