🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 91 Preview (tomspanks's Pick)

4 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I haven't seen Sing Street so I won't view this but I'll donate.  Neat to see technology allowing people all over the place to still join together.

https://singstreet.com/

Header_Desktop-stories.png

Watch Sing Street! I think you would love it.

21 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Watch Sing Street! I think you would love it.

I probably should.  Was waiting for my next pick but I have others I can choose.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I probably should.  Was waiting for my next pick but I have others I can choose.

Oh! Either way! I own it so I’m ready to go. 🙂

53 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Oh! Either way! I own it so I’m ready to go. 🙂

So do I.  It was $4.99 once on Amazon Prime or Vudu.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 10:42 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

I haven't seen Sing Street so I won't view this but I'll donate.  Neat to see technology allowing people all over the place to still join together.

https://singstreet.com/

Header_Desktop-stories.png

Crap! I missed the watch party.  That's what I get for binge-watching 7:35 in the Morning.

• Like 1

Just now, Cinco DeNio said:

Crap! I missed the watch party.  That's what I get for binge-watching 7:35 in the Morning.

Also, 6:30-7pm EST is 5:30-6pm EDT.

giphy.gif

On 4/27/2020 at 8:04 PM, Cam Bert said:

Wow! I'm actually a big fan of this guy and it was really neat seeing where he started! He writes and directs his stuff but didn't know he acts and sings as well.

If you're interested he did a more entertaining version of Primer called Timecrimes which if you love time travel, thrillers,  and slobby Spanish men is the movie for you. He also made a movie called Open Windows years before Unfriended and Searching which takes place entirely through computer windows. It's between those two movies in terms of quality but is definitely interesting. He also a few years back did the Anne Hathaway movie Colossal which again very unique. If you're a horror junkie he did some of the best stuff for the V/H/S and ABCs of Death movies. He's a guy to keep your eyes on because even when his movies are so-so they are unique and trying things.

Ah nice, thanks for pointing this out - I'm slow to learn the names of young/emerging directors but I've seen and enjoyed a lot of his work.

To your later point about films or shows getting remixed back into chronological order: I think I still have a copy of the TV series Lost that some maniac put into strict chronological order. I would also dearly love to see the Topher Grace remix of the Star Wars prequel trilogy, though I guess that is more about compressing the films into a shorter, saner single film. I think someone has done that with The Hobbit films as well. Steven Soderbergh used to post some fun film experiments at his blog too... sorry, it's Friday and I'm high and rambling :D Have a great weekend everyone

• Like 1

I'm 20 minutes into Hello Again and I'm hating my past self.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I'm 20 minutes into Hello Again and I'm hating my past self.

The plan was to watch it today, but apparently I’m now binging Nailed it. So...I may need to watch this tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

The plan was to watch it today, but apparently I’m now binging Nailed it. So...I may need to watch this tomorrow.

Nailed It is delightful!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Nailed It is delightful!!!!!!

I’ve honestly never really been into it, but it’s hitting a sweet spot today. Pun 100% intended 😉

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I’ve honestly never really been into it, but it’s hitting a sweet spot today. Pun 100% intended 😉

Jacques Torres > Zumbo

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Jacques Torres > Zumbo

No one is greater than Zumbo!

anigif_sub-buzz-3931-1471935100-2.gif

• Like 1