🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 92 Preview (Taylor Anne Photo’s Pick)

I am admitting that I have lost all track of what's been done so my apologies if this has been covered recently.

Also I had a hard time picking because there's so many things I want us to talk about but it's impossible to narrow them down.

Ultimately I think it's time to talk about...

image.jpg

Feel free to watch the sequel as well, because I certainly will.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

I am admitting that I have lost all track of what's been done so my apologies if this has been covered recently.

Also I had a hard time picking because there's so many things I want us to talk about but it's impossible to narrow them down.

Hide contents

image.jpg

Here we go again....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Cam Bert said:

Here we go again....

Like legit this is so good I can't tell if it's a normal joke or you're actually using such a well placed joke to tell me it's been done lol

• Like 2

Just now, taylor anne photo said:

Like legit this is so good I can't tell if it's a normal joke or you're actually using such a well placed joke to tell me it's been done lol

No it hasn't been done. You're safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

2 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

No it hasn't been done. You're safe. 

tumblr_mc77fkOmB91rbebako1_250.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taylor anne photo said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpg

I remember really liking this one, so I don’t mind revisiting. I couldn’t make it through the sequel, but if I have time, I may try again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I remember really liking this one, so I don’t mind revisiting. I couldn’t make it through the sequel, but if I have time, I may try again.

The sequel is amazing and I'm already refusing to acknowledge this opinion 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

The sequel is amazing and I'm already refusing to acknowledge this opinion 😜

To be fair, I don’t think I was in the right mindset for it at the time and probably didn’t give it a fair chance. I only watched the first few minutes or so before turning it off.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

To be fair, I don’t think I was in the right mindset for it at the time and probably didn’t give it a fair chance. I only watched the first few minutes or so before turning it off.

I thought the second one was fine but not as good as the original. The woman playing young Christine Baranski did such a great impression of Christine Baranski that it's at least worth checking out a couple scenes of her.

• Like 2

I'm also so in love with Lily James that I think she can do no wrong.

Also, Cameron, you never even got to Cher. That's worth literally everything.

• Like 2

I think somewhere my choice got skipped🥺, but I’ll use the opportunity to promote my playlist again ( which is posted elsewhere, but I might as well post it in as many threads as possible because I DESPERATELY NEED ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sob).

It runs a little over an hour. 

The Musicians (in alphabetical-ish order)!:

A Tribe Called Quest

Andre 3000

Beastie Boys

Bjork

Ghostface Killah

Janelle Monae

Janis Joplin

Minnie Riperton

Pixies

Rage Against The Machine

Spoon

Superorganism

The Beatles

The Flaming Lips

The White Stripes

They Might Be Giants

Weezer

Enjoy!:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3W6w1x1X9ZY4t5xDfXXMKg?si=-JHC2ENlRZmkrpdGY_zPBQ

40 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

I think somewhere my choice got skipped🥺, but I’ll use the opportunity to promote my playlist again ( which is posted elsewhere, but I might as well post it in as many threads as possible because I DESPERATELY NEED ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sob).

It runs a little over an hour. 

The Musicians (in alphabetical-ish order)!:

A Tribe Called Quest

Andre 3000

Beastie Boys

Bjork

Ghostface Killah

Janelle Monae

Janis Joplin

Minnie Riperton

Pixies

Rage Against The Machine

Spoon

Superorganism

The Beatles

The Flaming Lips

The White Stripes

They Might Be Giants

Weezer

Enjoy!:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3W6w1x1X9ZY4t5xDfXXMKg?si=-JHC2ENlRZmkrpdGY_zPBQ

Did we skip you?!? I’m so sorry! You can go next after Taylor Anne. I apologize!

• Like 1

Mamma Mia is currently streaming on Starz. If you don't have Starz, Redbox (which is free) is offering one month of Starz free if you sign up for the app (Plus three disc rentals, although I can't imagine any one wanting to touch physical media at the moment). It's also currently on sale for 4.99 on iTunes, but I think that price will end tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 11:17 AM, Cameron H. said:

So you're saying "Here you'll go again"?

• Like 1

I have a nit to pick.  Since ABBA is a palindrome, shouldn't the movie's title be a palindrome?  (The palindrome for "Mamma Mia" is "Notlob".)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Mamma Mia is currently streaming on Starz. If you don't have Starz, Redbox (which is free) is offering one month of Starz free if you sign up for the app (Plus three disc rentals, although I can't imagine any one wanting to touch physical media at the moment). It's also currently on sale for 4.99 on iTunes, but I think that price will end tomorrow.

Amazon also has the first one to buy for $4.99 for HD quality.  Vudu has SD, HD and UHD (4k) for $7.99.  Amazon has the 2nd in HD for $7.99.  Vudu has all three qualities for $14.99.  All of them are linked through Movies Anywhere.  Buying it in one spot makes it available elsewhere.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 8:51 AM, Cameron H. said:

It's also on Hulu according to the interwebs but I would not be surprised if they were lying liars who lie, because I've had some major issues with things not being on Hulu lately (looking at you The Great Wall...)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

It's also on Hulu according to the interwebs but I would not be surprised if they were lying liars who lie, because I've had some major issues with things not being on Hulu lately (looking at you The Great Wall...)

The problem I’ve found with Hulu is that they will advertise they have a show when they actually don’t because it’s available on one of their add-on channels.

So when you look it up it says it’s there, but when you click it it says you need Starz—which isn’t remotely the same thing. I guess they do it to look like they carry more movies than they do..?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, taylor anne photo said:

I've had some major issues with things not being on Hulu lately (looking at you The Great Wall...)

Don't blame Hulu for making a good decision regarding Great Wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, you have to have STARZ to have access To Mama Mia on Hulu. I’ll actually defend Hulu’s movie collection because it has a surprising variety of independent/foreign movies. For example, a lot of Bong Joon-Ho’s movies are on there right now, including Parasite.

If you’re looking for more mainstream films, they are there, but they’re not really Hulu’s main priority.

if you subscribe to STARZ right now, it’s around 4.99 a month (on its own, not through Hulu), which is the same price as renting it. STARZ also has Pain and Glory exclusively (the Almodovar movie that came out in 2019). It kinda sucks that so many movies are streaming exclusively on so many different platforms, but that’s what we’re heading for, I guess.