🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Holy shit, this movie is terrible. The improv is awful, the script is peppered with a disjointed narrative where massive life problems are solved at the drop of a hat. Also it's got its own rap song.

totally agree, this movie need to be part of the podcast, and soon.

terrible, terrible movie

This movie was not terrible. While humor is entirely subjective, the film is bad for other reasons. It clocks in at a mere 81 minutes which is basically saying that studio execs cut it down to maximize laughs. Regardless of quality or originality or depth, each character had an arch that given 20 minutes more of development would have been recognized as poignant. What I'm getting at is this movie is undeservedly bad due to the powers that be. If you want to see a terrible terrible movie, go watch Jack and Jill, a movie that only Armond White and Adam Sandler can defend. If you do subject yourselves to the punishment of Drag Me to Hell 2 (aka Jack and Jill) read White's review, it's extremely well written however it doesn't quite match the film it defends.

No, I'm pretty sure this was terrible at every stage. You can blame production, but that has no bearing on Jonah Hill trying to improv riff with a kid he simultaneously takes off meds, exposes as gay, and cracks jokes with to make feel good enough to continue helping him. Hill is clearly scraping the bottom of his clever barrel trying to add spin to dialogue so wooden that George Lucas could have written it. These characters could have had their own two hour movie for the express purpose of character development and it would not make an audience understand how they fit together, or care that they are meant to. Jack and Jill is certainly terrible, good thing "terrible" is not a mutually exclusive adjective.

Lowest common denominator. Base level humour will never fail to sell despite a lack of any quality or intelligence. Its so sad that cheap work like this is the norm today and I know many who enjoyed the movie, and it's ilk, none of them would ever call a movie of this kind their favorite.

My big problem with the modern (and mostly American made.. but i include us Brits in this too.. God damn you Gervaise) comedy is that they replace humour with embarrassment. It's to easy to do, it's cheap and tawdry. Why write a clever inter-weaved narrative with callbacks and a structure when someones self-esteem being broken gets an audiences laughter. Demand better people.