🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
ZzHarmzZ

Tall John Confirms Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

Tonight on the live stream of Galaxy Quest via cya.live, Mr. John himself confirmed that he wanted to do Revenge of the Fallen the correct way! Anyone get a timestamp? Can we hype? Michael Bay, you sonuvabitch..

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

We should not be giving in to terrorists.

Especially if his name is Michael Bay.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

Ugh.

Indeed. I feel like this could drive June over a precipice, because she hates robots. At least let them do Bumblebee!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

We should not be giving in to terrorists.

All the promotion, episode title, etc. should be "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," but in the actual episode they make ZERO mention of the film, and the movie they will actually be discussing is 'Queen of the Damned.'

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2020 at 7:10 PM, Quasar Sniffer said:

All the promotion, episode title, etc. should be "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," but in the actual episode they make ZERO mention of the film, and the movie they will actually be discussing is 'Queen of the Damned.'

GIVE ME QUEEN OF THE DAMNED

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

GIVE ME QUEEN OF THE DAMNED

It really does suck. Didn’t he say they would never do QotD, but then they just let this guy pester his way into getting his movie picked? You’ve been a loyal listener and forum contributor for YEARS! If anyone deserves to get their movie discussed it’s you.

I don’t know, I’ve just never really been all that charmed by the Transformers bit. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

It really does suck. Didn’t he say they would never do QotD, but then they just let this guy pester his way into getting his movie picked? You’ve been a loyal listener and forum contributor for YEARS! If anyone deserves to get their movie discussed it’s you.

I don’t know, I’ve just never really been all that charmed by the Transformers bit. 

He said Avaryl vetoed the choice 😭

It's one of those bits that started off funny for me and has gone on long enough that it lost its humor. If they keep doing it maybe it'll get funny again, but who knows how long we'd have to endure it before it got funny again.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

It's one of those bits that started off funny for me and has gone on long enough that it lost its humor. If they keep doing it maybe it'll get funny again, but who knows how long we'd have to endure it before it got funny again.

Well, according to this Tweet, the whole thing is over now. They ran out of copies.

I want to say I heard somewhere (maybe Twitter), that “M Bay” made a documentary of the whole thing...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taylor anne photo said:

I'm glad she vetoed it. I hope they never do it.

I'm fine with suggesting or sending a movie to them. But when they very plainly say they won't do it, leave it there. I can appreciate how much this escalated even but that's about it. Maybe I'd have been more on board if it was a movie I wanted to watch but not much. I'd rather them not give in and encourage this again.

5 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I'm glad she vetoed it. I hope they never do it.

I'm fine with suggesting or sending a movie to them. But when they very plainly say they won't do it, leave it there. I can appreciate how much this escalated even but that's about it. Maybe I'd have been more on board if it was a movie I wanted to watch but not much. I'd rather them not give in and encourage this again.

I think you're misunderstanding which one Avaryl vetoed... She vetoed Queen of the Damned, despite Paul telling me he expressed interest in doing it. She never has put a stop to this Transformers nightmare.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

She never has put a stop to this Transformers nightmare.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

I think you're misunderstanding which one Avaryl vetoed... She vetoed Queen of the Damned, despite Paul telling me he expressed interest in doing it. She never has put a stop to this Transformers nightmare.

Welp, definitely misread your response. Time to start your mail in campaign because, apparently, that works.

• Like 1

The Transformers movies are beyond bad. They’re more like an aural/visual lobotomy. Plus they’re racist, sexist, boring and LONG!

If they do cover a Transformers movie, don’t watch the whole thing, just watch the CinemaSins Everyrhing Wrong With on YouTube. They compress the whole experience into twenty minutes and you’ve saved yourself 2 1/2 hours +.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor anne photo said:

For the record, I’ve never seen QOTD and would 100,000,0000,0000,000% rather watch that than a Transformers movie.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

For the record, I’ve never seen QOTD and would 100,000,0000,0000,000% rather watch that than a Transformers movie.

it's 100,000,0000,0000,000x better

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Welp, definitely misread your response. Time to start your mail in campaign because, apparently, that works.

I reread mine and see how it could be misconstrued. I'm very upset by the choices made regarding these two movies lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlmostAGhost said:

you guys are focusing on the wrong thing

epix-rockula_00213-Full-Image_GalleryCov

If I were ever going to text Paul, this would be the reason. 

59 minutes ago, taylor anne photo said:

I reread mine and see how it could be misconstrued. I'm very upset by the choices made regarding these two movies lol.

I think that's why I misread it. I'm annoyed by the decision but I can at least understand why, to an extent, why they are doing Transformers. I just wish they had chosen a better movie to mail a thousand copies to HDTGM. Honestly, they are doing A Sound Of Thunder which is debateably my least favorite movie of all time. And I'd rather they do that than me sit through Transformers 2.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think it would be more entertaining if Paul tortured Amy with a Transformers movie on Unspooled.

12 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

If I were ever going to text Paul, this would be the reason. 

I did a bit ago, and he responded with "haha. yes. rockula" so I think we should all coordinate text him about it

He's written me back a few times, he's cool about it. i wrote him something about Intolerance too once after Unspooled  

I’m new to the forum (but have listened since 2014) so my opinion may not count, but I think the ongoing Transformers bit has been funny (better than many of the insipid questions asked) and judging by crowd reactions they do as well. No one is going to love every movie pick (I include myself), but I think it’ll be funny to listen to them tearing Bay a new a-hole. 

PS - Love how Tall John has like officially become Paul’s nickname. That pizza lady must have been bonkers to insist that was the order name.

9 hours ago, Nick T. said:

I’m new to the forum (but have listened since 2014) so my opinion may not count, but I think the ongoing Transformers bit has been funny (better than many of the insipid questions asked) and judging by crowd reactions they do as well. No one is going to love every movie pick (I include myself), but I think it’ll be funny to listen to them tearing Bay a new a-hole. 

PS - Love how Tall John has like officially become Paul’s nickname. That pizza lady must have been bonkers to insist that was the order name.

Every opinion counts. I don’t HATE the Michael Bay thing as a gag but I’m not thrilled they picked this movie, especially because Paul has admitted he finds the series boring (no argument from me). I just won’t watch it because I already saw it in the theaters with friends (we all thought it sucked, not in a good way) and I have more valuable things to do with my 21/2 hours, such as staring at a blank wall.