🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 74 - Rob Lowe

Actor Rob Lowe feels optimistic about being Conan O’Brien’s friend.

Rob and Conan sit down to talk about advice from Cary Grant and Paul Newman, what’s in store with Rob’s new podcast Literally! With Rob Lowe, and which Supreme Court justice Rob considers a friend. Plus, Conan reviews submitted pieces of risqué fan art.

Got a question for Conan? Call our voicemail: (323) 451-2821.

For Conan videos, tour dates and more visit TeamCoco.com.

Love the podcast, although listening to descriptions of a sleeping penis aka "lil sleeping guy" makes me feel really sick in the stomach area. Stop. Please. 

Speaking of the Lil sleeping guy, where can we see the fan art? I could not find it anywhere. 

9 minutes ago, Teambeck said:

Speaking of the Lil sleeping guy, where can we see the fan art? I could not find it anywhere. 

You can find them if you search Twitter and/or Instagram for the hashtag #lilsleepinguy. Be aware, however, that there are some things that you can never unsee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanEngler said:

You can find them if you search Twitter and/or Instagram for the hashtag #lilsleepinguy. Be aware, however, that there are some things that you can never unsee.

Thank you! It was worth it.

I would imagine that someone in the usual group of idiots has explained the origin of "The Nut" expression by now, but just in case.....
Began back in Europe in 16th century, but became a "Go To" phrase for traveling shows  in the USA in the early 1800s (no matter the exact type of show i.e. theatrical troupes, preachers, musical acts, lecturers etc.). These groups were  usually economically existing on a shoe-string. Many of them had to sell tickets to their shows only after arriving at their destination. 
As they pulled into a town, they would make a deal to pay for their accomodations with a hotel/tavern owner only after tickets for the show had been sold, or at the end of the run of the show. Because many troupes would skedaddle out of town without paying their bill, hotel/tavern owners would take the mechanical nuts off the (usually one) wheel of the troupe's wagons which would be returned when the hotel/tavern would be paid. If a particular troupe had a bad reputation of disappearing without paying, the nuts from one wheel on every wagon in the troupe would be taken. Thus, "No nuts" given = You can't stay here!
Not sure if the final transactions were concluded with the words "Here's your nuts, sir", but there you go.
Blather on!  ;>)

Sign in to follow this