🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 94 Preview (CakeBug Tranch's Pick)

Off-topic: I'm grateful that UK theatres have opened their film archives and show a new play or performance once a week.  This morning I watched a wonderful rendition of The Merry Wives of Windsor, done by Shakespeare's Globe.  It was hilarious and had lots of asides or explanations.  I have also discovered plays or performances by the National Theatre (they did Coriolanus and are showing The Madness of King George tomorrow, June 11th), the Royal Opera House, the Royal Shakespeare Company, and Canada's Stratford Festival.  (Stratford is showing Hamlet later this week and last week did Love's Labours Lost. We reviewed the movie version of that earlier in the MM rotation.)

Two other services, Opera Streaming, and Opera Vision, also have had interesting offerings.  I'm currently working through Madama Butterfly, an opera I have never seen.  (I've seen the musical Miss Saigon, based on the opera.)  Also the Royal Opera House showed Puccini's Il Trittico last week, 2/3 of one of my favorite operas.  (I'm not a fan of the middle opera, Suor Angelica, but love the first and third one-acts.)

• Like 2

Hey! I worked on that production of Love's Labour's at Stratford, as well as the Hamlet that's coming out this week. I work as video dramaturg for all of the Stratford productions, advising on text cuts. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Hey! I worked on that production of Love's Labour's at Stratford, as well as the Hamlet that's coming out this week. I work as video dramaturg for all of the Stratford productions, advising on text cuts. 

That's great and all, but it's not like you have the boyish charm and roguish sex appeal of a mid-aughts boy band member...

Awww, fuck...

• Haha 3

Jeremy Jordan, the male lead in the movie of The Last Five Years, is doing a virtual concert tonight at 8 Eastern. There is a replay tomorrow at 3 pm Eastern.

• Like 1

If anyone wants a free option (i.e., with ads), Funny Girl is also on the Pluto TV app

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

If anyone wants a free option (i.e., with ads), Funny Girl is also on the Pluto TV app

Also free on Amazon with ads.

• Like 1