đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Thrashtan

Holy Matrimony: LIVE

I was wondering if/when this episode would be posted? I went to the show in San Francisco in January and the episode still hasn't been uploaded. It's not usually this long between a show and an episode being posted, right? Hope that something didn't go wrong and it won't be released. It was a really great show. 

• Like 1

They often space out/keep episodes in reserve, I guess. On the evening they did Fateful Findings in Seattle, they also did The Visitor. Both shows were awesome, only Fareful Findings has been released (which is odd, since it’s incredibly hard to find, unless you want to buy it, which I can’t wholeheartedly recommend). Those shows were from last September.

• Like 2

Oh man, I remember in the long, long ago when they were super inconsistent with their release schedule. I think we waited something like a month and a half for Secret of the Ooze to drop. Those were the days-lol

As for this movie, they’ll most likely release it. They were on tour for most of last year and have a considerable backlog at this point. They also only release two episodes a month. It could just be that they’re saving some backlog stuff for when they maybe filming and unavailable to record. They’ll get to it eventually though :) 

• Like 3

Taped in January you say??? That's nothing! They did a show for Swordfish that they taped a couple years ago that still hasn't come out, with the belief now that it may never get released, thus ending up in the lost episode hole along with The Smurfs and for a time Green Lantern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyanSz said:

Taped in January you say??? That's nothing! They did a show for Swordfish that they taped a couple years ago that still hasn't come out, with the belief now that it may never get released, thus ending up in the lost episode hole along with The Smurfs and for a time Green Lantern.

Maybe if we’re vocal enough, they’ll eventually post the Swordfish episode.  It worked for the Snyder cut.

#ReleasetheSwordfishepisode

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MichaelKatsimbris said:

Oh wow, why would that happen? Was the show / crowd reactions not funny enough?

This is an unsubstantiated claim but supposedly someone asked about it at a live show. Paul supposedly said his current working relationship with Don Cheadle is why it hasn't been released.

I think we should respect the decision if this is the reason since I don't want this show to directly impact any of the host's success.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, grudlian. said:

This is an unsubstantiated claim but supposedly someone asked about it at a live show. Paul supposedly said his current working relationship with Don Cheadle is why it hasn't been released.

I think we should respect the decision if this is the reason since I don't want this show to directly impact any of the host's success.

That was also the reasoning as to why the hadn't done The Happening  when the show started years ago as June was on New Girl with Zooey Deschanel, though considering that show is over, I think we are due an episode on an epically bad movie. Though in comparison, Cheadle is nowhere near any reason as to why Swordfish is a so-bad-it's-good movie and I couldn't see them taking shots at him for anything he did in it, while Deschanel had many moments in The Happening that were rife for mockery which could have led to an awkward working situation on set.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, grudlian. said:

Something about the wording of a similar answer in a thread about that episode In another thread suggested that maybe it had a chance of getting released once the show that he’s in with Cheadle ends.

I actually went ahead and added it as a “missing episode” to the show’s TV Tropes page, and apparently that’s the first podcast to get one listed on there.

• Like 1

I was at this event. So Much Fun. 
Im really glad I got to experience this before the world went to shit. 

Would love to know when it gets released. 

EPRVbpaU4AATym2.jpg