🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Costara2

The Last Days of American Crime (2020)

New Netflix original movie!

Part graphic novel, part video game, possibly also a heist movie? Who can really say? 

So many explosions. So much nonsensical story. So much gunfire.

I don’t know what happened but I watched the whole thing. And I like to think I have standards.

This wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't 2 1/2 hours long, which is more shocking when considering the comic it's based on was under 200 pages. There were literally 4 times throughout the movie when I thought it should be near the end and saw there was still at least 40 minutes left in the movie.  The most nonsensical part of the movie I was surprised to see was Sharlto Copely was literally unnecessary in the movie, as he added absolutely nothing to the story and had no connection to the main characters outside of a chance meeting with one.  I get why Netflix would adapt this comic as it was a good idea for that medium, but it just flubbed the landing in to mediocrity. With the next comic adaptation Netflix is releasing in a couple weeks being The Old Guard, I hope that ends up with better results as that was a much better written story, though I won't be surprised if it's 5 hours long because it's a shorter book than this one was.

This movie is very much based around what Euro trash coke heads think is cool. A lot of the dialogue/plot makes no sense. There's a scene half way through that is The Room level bonkers. 

Sign in to follow this